Calculating calories burned *specific exercises* need help

JPotvin
JPotvin Posts: 108
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
I have been trying to find out how to calculate (and therefore record) how many calories I would burn doing certain activities, but I can't seem to find anywhere that tells me!

Activity 1: Pushing a single stroller with a 2 year old riding, and backpacking a 6 month old. (children are 27lbs and 17lbs)

Activity 2: Walking/Jogging with both of the kids in a double jogger.

If anyone can help me out, it would be so appreciated!

Replies

• Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    the best thing to do would be to get a heart rate monitor. if you could purchase one, doesn't have to be expensive, it would be as simple as looking at your watch after you're done with your activity and creating and logging the exercise here.
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Yep...go for the monitor. I hear Polar makes a nice one.
  • Congratulations for being one of the 1 in 100 people that is actually keeping a food diary....that's a huge accomplishment. Every time you try to 'estimate' something, such as calories burned for individual activities, you increase your margin of error. Most women who work out daily less than one hour and *don''t* sit down for most of the day, are lightly to moderately active. If you're training for an athletic competition, you're very active If you're just walking the dog for 30 minutes a day, you're lightly active. Set your activity level correctly in the settings, and don't sweat the small stuff
  • SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    I push my twins in stroller up and down hills and some days I burn more than others, only way to know for sure is Heart rate monitor.
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Just in case you don't have a HRM or want to buy one, here's a link to a site that has a fairly accurate calorie burn calculator. It's free and has a lot of oddball activities on there. I love this site and use it myself from time to time, then add the exercise here if it's not in the database.

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc
This discussion has been closed.