To lose 8.5 pounds a month,
I need to lose 2.5 pound a week.

To lose 2.5 pounds a week,
I need to burn 8750 calories.

To burn 8750 calories a week,
I need to burn 1250 calories a day,
(plus equivalent to my intake).

Calorie intake will be 2000

So I have to burn 3250 calories, 7 days a week.

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Not that simple I'm afraid. As you lose weight and get fitter. Your BMR will lower (as will your TDEE) so all those figures will change. You wont burn as much in exercise and your calorie intake may need to be adjusted. It's best to look at short term goals and adjust as needed. MFP adjusts calories every 10 pounds loss some people do it more or less often. It's fine to have an overall aim but the Human Body is highly complex and as much as weightloss is basically Maths biology doesn't always co operate
  • BuManCuzBrah
    Options
    Not that simple I'm afraid. As you lose weight and get fitter. Your BMR will lower (as will your TDEE) so all those figures will change. You wont burn as much in exercise and your calorie intake may need to be adjusted. It's best to look at short term goals and adjust as needed. MFP adjusts calories every 10 pounds loss some people do it more or less often. It's fine to have an overall aim but the Human Body is highly complex and as much as weightloss is basically Maths biology doesn't always co operate

Im glad you said that cause im aware of all of this but did not consider any of it. I think you're exactly right about a short term goal. Ill have a short term goal that will lead to a final goal.

Ty.