I do have to up my protein intake. I am a vegetarian and
    Dont even do eggs. I see some
    Having whey protein
    Suppliments. How can I up
    My protein?
  • CaliforniaAJ
    CaliforniaAJ Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I tired No More Trouble Zones and it's BRUTAL. I made it through, but I was exhausted. I did notice that my muscles did not ache the next day as they normally do.

Perhaps these DVD's are not the best workout method, as it's subjective as to whether you are doing the exercise correctly and working the correct muscle group?

I'll stick to cardio and weights :-) I lost 30 lbs that way, and I am now staring my journey on the next 30.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    will you eat dairy? greek yogurt is a great way to boost your protein. I buy the plain and mix it with peanut butter & a little honey or fruit puree.

quinoa is a GREAT way to boost protein 6 grams in 1/4 cup of uncooked, if you haven't used it before its a grain. Its texture reminds me of a cross between rice & couscous. similar to rice it doesnt have a whole lot of flavor on its own but you can use it as a base for a lot of your current recipes just swapping out rice. I like to cook it with lentils in coconut milk & curry seasonings with a little honey.

Beans are good, if you eat soy there are a lot of things you can do with tofu.

Whey protein powder is the easiest way to boost your protein count though, blend up a scoop of that with milk & a banana and you have breakfast! You can find different varieties at GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, any health food store even most grocery stores carry some, just read the labels to make sure you can eat everything in them. I have a hard time with artificial sweeteners which makes many of them not an option for me.
  • Reema_capricorn
    Reema_capricorn Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    @ Sandadya fitness blender on youtube has great strength training workouts as you mentioned you have bingo wings! Trust me, FB will take care of it AND they have all types of fat burning workouts, it can be overwhelming sometimes lol but it gives you the opp to craft your body! You can design your own workouts! And I am a MAJOR fan of Jillian Michaels I do her burn fat Boost metabolism workout when I am feeling fat! She's great.
  • Pixt
    Pixt Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I will check that out.
    I do have to up my protein intake. I am a vegetarian and
    Dont even do eggs. I see some
    Having whey protein
    Suppliments. How can I up
    My protein?

I see that you drink dairy (yes I creeped your diary).
    Whey protein would definitely be an option. So would adding more dal. And, maybe chana masla, saag or palak paneer. Perhaps add kefir as a beverage choice. As someone else mentioned, try quinoa in place of rice sometime, it's not at all the same but is a solid higher protein alternative. Also, tofu/tempeh work well in curries.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    OP = eat too much.
  • sandadhya
    sandadhya Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Do you stick to gym workout?
    I wish I could the gym. But I spend 5 hours in a day travelling to work. Thats why trying to do home videos
  • sandadhya
    sandadhya Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You guys have overwhelmed me with responses. Yep I had started to read about quinoa and wanted to give it a try.
    I am not going to stop come what may and will add vatiety to my workouts. Rest when I need help I am going to count on you all here. Thanks again
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    You don't need a gym, but you do need to workout hard enough that your body is forced to change.

You diary also needs some more effort. As someone pointed out earlier, some of the foods seem lower in calories than they should be. Unfortunately, people are able to make their own entries on the site that are incorrect. You need to double check.
    Also some of your portions seem very low, rather like you've not realised to change the number of portions to match what you're eating.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    You guys have overwhelmed me with responses. Yep I had started to read about quinoa and wanted to give it a try.
    I am not going to stop come what may and will add vatiety to my workouts. Rest when I need help I am going to count on you all here. Thanks again

I know there has been a lot.

To surmise the good advice;

Make sure you workout hard, don't just go through the motions.

Work on your diary accuracy.