Well I am suprised!

Options
Here is what has been going! I have been dieting for a little over a week now. I have stuck to it very well. I decided today after I had eaten very well all day that I was going to my favorite restaurant and eat my favorite meal and just get right back on track. Before I left I logged my dinner to see what the damage was. I didn't think it looked to bad (not to say it looked good). But I was feeling a little deprived. So I go eat and order, the whole time feeling a little guilty about it. The thing was I was barely able even half of the meal and I stopped. I didn't want anymore. I know this seems a little silly, but I feel like it was a turning point for me. I now feel like I can have something that I want every once in awhile. I was beginning to feel a little sad about dieting. I have to say I feel a lot better. And the best thing about the whole story is that after I walk a little later, I will barely be over my daily allotment! This may not be the best post in the world, but I still wanted to share!

Replies

• ehorner1976
    ehorner1976 Posts: 147
    Options
    Here is what has been going! I have been dieting for a little over a week now. I have stuck to it very well. I decided today after I had eaten very well all day that I was going to my favorite restaurant and eat my favorite meal and just get right back on track. Before I left I logged my dinner to see what the damage was. I didn't think it looked to bad (not to say it looked good). But I was feeling a little deprived. So I go eat and order, the whole time feeling a little guilty about it. The thing was I was barely able even half of the meal and I stopped. I didn't want anymore. I know this seems a little silly, but I feel like it was a turning point for me. I now feel like I can have something that I want every once in awhile. I was beginning to feel a little sad about dieting. I have to say I feel a lot better. And the best thing about the whole story is that after I walk a little later, I will barely be over my daily allotment! This may not be the best post in the world, but I still wanted to share!
  • mickie
    mickie Posts: 183
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU:drinker:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    doesn't it feel great to not want to eat everything you see on the plate anymore!! I only ate about 5 fries from my lunch today and they were something I had been looking forward to for days but once I got them, I just didn't want them anymore it seemed.

Keep up the good work!
  • diegelmansm
    Options
    I look at things now and think to myself "Do you know how much of something else you could eat for less calories?" Most of the time, I don't even want the bad foods anymore.
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I look at things now and think to myself "Do you know how much of something else you could eat for less calories?" Most of the time, I don't even want the bad foods anymore.
    amen to that i do that and i know this is bad but i look around to see other people eat(and what they r eating)and most of the time plates stuffed and looking how i used to look before mfp and u nice folks
    so keep up the good work :drinker:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Today was the first day we've eaten out since I decided to really start getting healthy, and the portions did look so HUGE at the restaurant! I was like, "oh my God, I'm supposed to eat all of this??"