Fried eggs - Good or Bad?

Options
124»

Replies

• velocityc6
    velocityc6 Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I average about 10 fried eggs a week, love em.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Most of the good nutrition in eggs is in the yolk, too. Sure, there's cholesterol - but its chicken cholesterol, not human cholesterol. Most people's bodies can't use it in that form. There's fat, but the fat includes healthy fats your body needs to build cell walls. It's where all the vitamins are. It's where the lutein is. The zeaxanthin. All the Vitamin A and E.

If you're spending extra for free-range or Omega-3 eggs and then tossing the yolks, you're actually tossing the part you're spending the extra money on!
  • patsypooter
    patsypooter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I had two eggs fried in butter last night, mixed in some veg and it was absolutely delicious. I have my own hens and I have to say, their eggs are so much more flavourful than store bought!

There's nothing wrong with eggs, I try to eat them a few times a week. They're so easy to make and full of nutrients.
  • ryblueeyes
    ryblueeyes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Poach them. They're almost as good as fried.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    No, there equally as good.lol. Or a good omelet or scrambled, they all have their place....it's all good.:happy:
  • kamyers1289
    kamyers1289 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I love eggs. Fried, scrambled, hard boiled, whatever. Eggs are great :)
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    Most of the good nutrition in eggs is in the yolk, too. Sure, there's cholesterol - but its chicken cholesterol, not human cholesterol. Most people's bodies can't use it in that form. There's fat, but the fat includes healthy fats your body needs to build cell walls. It's where all the vitamins are. It's where the lutein is. The zeaxanthin. All the Vitamin A and E.

If you're spending extra for free-range or Omega-3 eggs and then tossing the yolks, you're actually tossing the part you're spending the extra money on!
    Chicken cholesterol?
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    No, there equally as good.lol. Or a good omelet or scrambled, they all have their place....it's all good.:happy:

Nah, they're better - easier to maneuver without prematurely busting the yolk ;P

Besides. Eggs Benedict. Enough said.
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options

Chicken cholesterol?

I think what the poster meant was it is natural cholesterol from a natural food source, which is different than the cholesterol in human blood. Most of the cholesterol in our bodies has been manufactured by our bodies, and not a direct "absorption" of cholesterol from food source directly into blood. And of course, there are different forms (LDL, HDL), including range of particle sizes.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have 10-12 fried eggs per day. All good.

You must have a very high grocery bill lol

not necessarily. eggs are fairly cheap at the grocery store.

Not everywhere across the country!

Stop & Shop store brand brown large eggs are 2.69$/dozen here in CT
    White eggs are cheaper
    so get the cheaper eggs.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

Chicken cholesterol?

I think what the poster meant was it is natural cholesterol from a natural food source, which is different than the cholesterol in human blood. Most of the cholesterol in our bodies has been manufactured by our bodies, and not a direct "absorption" of cholesterol from food source directly into blood. And of course, there are different forms (LDL, HDL), including range of particle sizes.

Yes. Cholesterol in your blood isn't directly related to the cholesterol in your food, so all the OMG THE CHOLESTEROL IN EGGS is irrelevant for the majority of people. For the cholesterol in your diet to raise your total cholesterol, you have to break it down into fats and use them to build human cholesterol. Which you do because its needed in some amounts to build cell walls.

Yolk Panic about eggs is silly and wasteful. Eat the yolks.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,282 Member
    Options
    Egg whites are better for you, however everything in small amounts is ok as long as you stay within your target calories. I have bioled eggs in the week when Im training and then a fry up (air fryer such a good investment) with fryied egg whites of a weekend

How so?
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,282 Member
    Options
    Oh, and fried eggs are amazing. I only fry them in butter because that is how they taste best to me.
  • SexyMorgan123
    Options
    Good.

fried_eggs_zps0ffa7914.jpg
  • JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I put a little water in a non stick pan, crack the egg in and cover with a lid. The egg will steam to your desired doneness and is easy to get out of the pan. It also looks pretty. LOL
  • genann
    genann Posts: 236
    Options
    When I eat eggs, and that's about 2 times a week I eat 3 fried with Pam Butter Flavor Spray. I do love eggs and I'm really not sure why I don't eat them more often.