2014 : 5:2 fasters or alternate day fasting

Options
124»

Replies

• baptistforlife
    Options
    I am doing the 16:8 and lovviingg it anything that helps keep me out of my kitchen :) and I feel great!!!! keep up the great work :)
  • baptistforlife
    Options
    Not the versions in the title, but I do 16:8 daily. It was about the easiest thing to transition to. I'm actually less hungry eating on this schedule. I'm maintaining and looked to this way of eating as a simplification rather than a tool. I eat lunch & dinner with the occasional after dinner snack, but in general this makes things very easy. I am not hungry nor do I ever feel deprived. I run & workout and have lots of energy.
    I was doing fine in maintenance before trying IF, but I was constantly hungry and constantly eating. It sounds odd, but eating less often made me less hungry.

I could not have said it better myself :)
  • suestaley9
    Options
    I just started Alternate day Fasting a few weeks ago. I'm doing the every other day thing, eating 600 calories on my "fast" days and normal eating on the feed days. So far I've lost 7# and a friend of mine has lost 30. The fast days are tough but you just keep telling yourself "tomorrows coming, tomorrows coming....". When I get to goal I will drop to the 5-2 day thing and see if my weight levels out and adjust from there. I love the fact you are not really obsessing about carbs, fats, calories - just eat then don't eat.
  • unidestiny
    Options
    I started ADF last week, which means a water fast every other day. It is tough, especially at night when all I can think of is food, but I do agree that the fact that I can eat the next day is a strong motivator for keeping myself in check for the last few hours. I'm hoping to lose 20kg by mid-2014, so do hope that I'll finally have found the lifestyle that I can carry on forever. When I'm at my target weight, I think I shall switch to the less demanding 5:2 or 5:1 diet to maintain. Good luck everyone!!
  • Dragonfli145
    Dragonfli145 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love that you're combining different types of fasting! I've been doing 18/6 on my feed days and 36 on my fast days. I haven't read anyone else doing it that way before, but it just seemed to make sense to my body. If you don't mind sharing, what is your progress now? I've lost 10lbs since starting intermitent fasting and was hoping by combing I'd lose weight faster.
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Starting tmoz x
  • flinx1241
    flinx1241 Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a 4:3 (Mon, Wed, Fri) - since October. Found it so much easier on me mentally than a straight caloric deficit every day, and it's the first thing that I've been able to make work in a long time. That said, I know it's not for everyone. Just works great for me...
  • SEAFOODMAN
    SEAFOODMAN Posts: 342
    Options
    I fast off and on....trying to get back into it.............add me