"Treating" myself...and don't know what to get!

Options
AlisaToth
AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
So...I promised my son that i would take him to McDonalds for dinner tonight (mommy doesn't feel like cooking when daddy is out of town...) So after my workout this afternoon, i will end up with about 950 calories for dinner...however, it's been so long since i've eaten at McDonalds I don't even know what i should eat! I can pretty much get whatever i want (i know i know i should be eating 950 worth of significantly healthier calories....but i don't wanna tonight :wink: )

If YOU were going to McDonalds tonight what would YOU get?

Replies

• kaeelle
    kaeelle Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Mmm... I miss their bbq chipotle chicken wraps!
    And their $1 large Mello Yello!

Enjoy treating the kiddo. :)
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    i personally would eat a big mac or fish filet........yum!
  • phatzzzs
    Options
    Hmmm Spicy Chicken, with a apple pie
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    If I wanted a "healthier" choice, I'd go for the grilled chicken sandwich. If I wanted to "treat" myself, I'd get a McChicken sandwich (or 2) hold the mayo & a caramel sundae!
  • aprilshowers13
    Options
    One of their fruit new smoothies and double cheeseburger. But speaking from experience, if you haven't had McDonalds in awhile, you may have an upset stomach.
  • somethingvague
    Options
    I would have a quarter pounder...or chicken nuggets with honey mustard sauce.
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Eeeek! I say have some fun but don't blow all your hard work!
    McDonald's food is notoriously LOADED with fat & sugar & crap!

You could go to their website & look at nutritional info.
    One Big Mac or any sandwich could easily destroy those 950 exercise calories.

If you get a sandwich, only eat one piece of the bun.
    Or get a salad & fries or dessert you like!

Sorry, I don't mean to be a buzz kill........ but sometimes "treats" can end up a bad scene. :sad: :grumble:

OR: Pick what you REALLY want, ENJOY it and get back to business tomorrow. :love: :drinker:
  • lindalloo
    Options
    My picks would be:

430 calories > Quarter Pounder WITHOUT Cheese
    220 calories > Small Fries
    000 calories > Water
    290 calories > Strawberry Sundae

940 calories :-)

Check out McDonald's Nutrition Calendar ... http://www.mcdonalds.ca/en/food/calculator.aspx

Enjoy your treat!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    One of their fruit new smoothies and double cheeseburger. But speaking from experience, if you haven't had McDonalds in awhile, you may have an upset stomach.

Yes, sometimes when you allow yourself a "cheat" meal or day, you find that your stomach doesn't allow for it anymore and you are less likely to do it again! This happened to me a few weeks ago when I ate 4 cupcakes in the early afternoon. But, on the bright side, my system flushed all that garbage (and everything else for that matter) out of my system and I got a clean slate! :laugh: