Hi my name is Dave and I'm FAT

Options
Hey All, I am here to lose 100 pounds. I enjoy this tool. I have been using the Calories counter and logging my exercise. It has helped me loose 10.5 Lbs in 2 weeks. It's a good start.

Replies

• merisaOct3
    merisaOct3 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hi Dave! Welcome. Nutrition, weight loss, and overall healthy living are major lifetime commitments. Congratulations on your great start and good luck on the journey!
  • aka_Kamalevantis
    Options
    Hi Dave,

Welcome to MFP and congratulations on your incredible start.... I started out needing to lose 168lb, I am now well on my way to my goal, it is a long road, but it can be a very interesting and rewarding one.... Feel free to add me, I am an active member on here and sometimes even have something useful to say!

xXx K xXx
  • edwardkim85
    edwardkim85 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    no Dave you're just BIG BONED
  • deeco
    deeco Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Dave,

I have a similar amount of weight to lose as you and I have lost 9 pounds in the last 2 weeks. I love this site. If you stick to it, it works. I, however, can do it for so long and then lose all will power.
    I hope you have success in your journey. Would be good to hear how you are getting on. Maybe we could encourage each other along the way?

Dee
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Welcome Dave. I too have nearly 100 to slough off and am not "big boned". :laugh:

Let's do this!
  • kempt_ken
    kempt_ken Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Excellent progress keep up the good work.

I've been doing thsi since September and have lost about 27 pounds with eventual goal of about 50.
  • Cozmetick
    Cozmetick Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hey Dave,
    Looks like we have SOMETHING in common ;)
    Congratulations, thats an amazing start!
    Feel free to add:)
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome! You can do it! Never give up!
  • bellahopo29
    Options
    Hi Dave...i'm "fat" too and i want to lose 98lb so if you add me as a friend we can encourage each other
  • terramhall
    Options
    That is an amazing start! keep up the great work!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Hi Dave,

As someone who has lost over 100lbs, my best advice would be to not let setbacks derail you. Like my profile pic says, kick some grass over that **** and move on. Keep up the good work.
  • ThatsSOcleve
    Options
    I think the label you want is pleasantly plump
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    This is a life style change and people are here to help and be helped.
    Great start.
  • healthyplans
    healthyplans Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi Dave! I started out needing to lose 100 pounds and have lost 82 of it. This site is wonderful!! I tried MANY times to lose weight and would always fail... until I found this site! It keeps me motivated and encouraged!
    Feel free to add me if you'd like. I log everyday and try to comment as much as I can. Good luck to you!!
  • denny_menter
    denny_menter Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! This site gave me the tools I needed to lose 30 pounds that I had gained over the last 15 years. It's not as significant as the loss you're targeting but the process is the same. It helps me to remind myself that if you play by the rules, this works - guaranteed!

Losing that weight changed my life, and I'm sure it will yours too. At the old age of 44 I started running and have since done countless races (slowly) including 5 marathons. Maybe someday I'll see you at one :)

It's not easy, but it works!

Good luck. I'll friend you and cheer you on.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Hi Dave!

When I started, I had 120 to lose...I now have 35-40 left! Stick with it, and pretty soon you'll amaze yourself with your progress.
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    hiiiiiii im here to lose over 100lbs too - feel free to add me
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    We're not fat, we're fluffy!
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I hate that "F" word. My step son uses it often and I get onto him for it. He is overweight but, solid. Then he will ask me how to lose weight and I will explain a few things to him. Of course he hates it when I say "eat less, move more" lol I'm trying to lead by example though. Great start so far for you. Keep it up and you will win!
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    good luck with your goals, Dave, this is a great site and has great support and inspiration from community members. wishing you all the success in the world!