Finally proud of myself

Options
crows96
crows96 Posts: 5 Member
On November 30th, 2012 I had to have shoulder surgery and my pre-op weight was 323. I felt so bad about myself. I had a partner who reminded me that I would never get thinner and had very little support around me. I had had vertical banding surgery in 1999 and after losing some weight at first, I had pretty much gained almost all of it back by the time I had the shoulder surgery. But the more people kept telling me what I couldn't do, and the more my weight began impacting my health in other ways, the more I became committed to change my life. I lost weight for a while but when it began fluctuating again I started a more strict regimen and began using MyFitnessPal to help. Today marks two months since I began this process and using MFP and I'm happy to say I'm down another 30 pounds in two months, making my total weight loss since my shoulder surgery almost 80 pounds. I still have a long way to go to get to where I want to be, but for the first time I'm actually stopping and reflecting with pride at the progress I've made. I'm really beginning to feel like I can get thinner and healthier and I'm proving all the doubters wrong!

Replies

• Sandylovesm
    Sandylovesm Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    congrats on the loss, always think about doing things for youself!
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You should you really proud of what you have accomplished....80 pounds is no joke and takes a lot of hard work and dedication to lose it! :drinker:
  • robinmmurphy3
    robinmmurphy3 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Great job! So glad that you didn't let others convince you that you can't do it, because you CAN!! And you have proven it! Congrats on your dedication and your hard work!!
  • jordansh0216
    Options
    Hi my name is Sheila and your story touched my heart and encouraged me. I had lost 26lbs and had to undergo knee surgery. I gained all of it back and more, for the first time weighing over 300 lbs. I started MFP again Jan 1 and looking forward to getting this weight off for good. Keep up the good work and add me as your friend if you like.:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!