Any ideas on how to get that 1st lb off?

Options
That first lb is so frustrating, it's almost taking longer to start losing weight than it will once I've started losing it (I hope that made sense!)

Any ideas on how to get that ball rolling? Just to see I've lost 1lb would be amazing!

Replies

• fallenoaks50
    Options
    Just stick to your calorie target everyday. Measure your food, record properly. Be patient. It will happen.
  • stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Patience.

And consistency.

If you consistency adhere to your calorie target and nothing changes after 2-3 weeks, you know that:

1) You need a bigger deficit.

or

2) You're eating more calories or expending less calories than you think.

Keep in mind, this isn't a 'set it and forget it' sort of thing. Your approach needs to be rooted in a process of continually adjusting based on what's actually happening.

Make sense?
  • zsgreenwell
    zsgreenwell Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. I finally got it off and got over the initial hump. I couldnt get under 226. My suggestion is to get intense. Think of it as a life or death situation. When a cheetah is chasing a gazelle, the gazelle does not just trot along and say well that's all I got I just can't do any more. The gazelle says, I'm Going or I'm Gone! And it runs side to side in a very intense speed and agility, and Usually outruns the cheetah, even though the cheetah is faster. That is us. We must be as intense as the gazelle, and put all our will power and strength and effort into what we want to achieve it. It doesnt matter if it is our weight, our money, or marriage/relationships, or our life. We have to get as intense as we can to achieve our goals. We have to just get up and do something about it. The more intense we get the faster the results will show and the more results will show.

just my $0.02
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly. Weigh everything. Find accurate database entries. (There's a lot of junk data in there.) Eat back half of your exercise calories.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants