2 Weeks Of Working Out = Weight Gain??

Options
2»

Replies

• roblock81
    roblock81 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Also how much water are you drinking? You need to drink LOTS of water so your body will not retain it all. Also check sodium levels. Sodium will make you retain water also. Of course drink enough water and it will flush the sodium also!!

I know for me when I started working out I did just cardio & diet. I lost a good amount of weight but then added in a good strength training routine. I probably gained about 3-4 lbs that week and from what I can guess it was just my bodies reaction to the new weight routine and about 1 month in I really started to drop and noticed a big difference in my physical appearance even though the scale did not change much! Being new to strength training you will gain some muscle weight fast the first 1-2 weeks it seems just from them attempting to recover.
  • LeGaCyGiAnT124
    LeGaCyGiAnT124 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Also how much water are you drinking? You need to drink LOTS of water so your body will not retain it all. Also check sodium levels. Sodium will make you retain water also. Of course drink enough water and it will flush the sodium also!!

I know for me when I started working out I did just cardio & diet. I lost a good amount of weight but then added in a good strength training routine. I probably gained about 3-4 lbs that week and from what I can guess it was just my bodies reaction to the new weight routine and about 1 month in I really started to drop and noticed a big difference in my physical appearance even though the scale did not change much! Being new to strength training you will gain some muscle weight fast the first 1-2 weeks it seems just from them attempting to recover.

With the computer desk job I have now, I would say 32 ounces to 48 ounces at the most (2-3 16.9 oz bottles). Being that it's winter, I don't have the desire to drink as much water as I do if it were 80 degrees out.
  • bromackey
    Options
    I would REALLY like to help you with this....if you're open to that. I'm a wellness coach and personal trainer, and I fought the same uphill battle myself before doing a lot of research. Now, I'm in the best shape of my life.
  • LeGaCyGiAnT124
    LeGaCyGiAnT124 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I would REALLY like to help you with this....if you're open to that. I'm a wellness coach and personal trainer, and I fought the same uphill battle myself before doing a lot of research. Now, I'm in the best shape of my life.

Shoot shoot. Lol. I don't want this to be my second job, but willing to accept help from someone else.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

fo' freeeeee?!

tumblr_m141nmUjro1rn95k2o1_250.gif