What do you eat for breakfast?

Options
At work I usually eat a greek yogurt of some kind. Days off either a sandwich thin with PB&J, poached eggs or fried eggs with lunch meat. I really need ideas. Trying to lost 5-8 pounds. I cannot eat oatmeal. Just can't :(

Replies

• EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I usually have a protein drink and and egg wrap; always 2 eggs fried in PAM in a high fiber-low carb wrap with a smear of either Wasabi sauce or Spicy Jalapeno Cream Cheese. YUM! Keeps me satisfied for hours! (and it's super quick to throw together.)
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I usually have a protein drink and and egg wrap; always 2 eggs fried in PAM in a high fiber-low carb wrap with a smear of either Wasabi sauce or Spicy Jalapeno Cream Cheese. YUM! Keeps me satisfied for hours! (and it's super quick to throw together.)

That sounds great! Thank you!
  • Rocklinite
    Rocklinite Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've been eating the same thing for a very long time. I buy the multigrain English muffins and make an egg sandwich with one egg and one laughing cow cheese or lf cheese slice. When I run out of English muffins, like today, I make a 3 eggwhite omelet with avocado and cheese.
  • sizzle74
    Options
    I like these ideas, my goal was to find high protein low carb ideas. :) Now I have to figure out the easiest way to get these in on my work days.
  • kherrons
    kherrons Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    This morning I had 5 egg whites, 1 whole egg, scrambled with asparagus and smoked salmon and half a grapefruit. Over 40g of protein.
  • smand2000
    Options
    I used to say the same thing about oatmeal. Now: Bob's Red Mill steel cut oats, cooked 20 minutes so it is fairly solid. Mix in tablespoon (or 2) natural peanut butter. Add few sliced strawberries, sliced banana, and any combination of handful blueberries, blackberries, or raspberries. Top with half a tablespoon drizzled honey.

Crave more tomorrow.

Ahhh ... But now I see low carb. For that, eggs over medium, on top of trader Joes veggie chili or refried beans. Hot sauce and jack cheese optional. For added protein, mix in a tablespoon or 2 of Greek yogurt (faux sour cream).
  • sizzle74
    Options
    Maybe scrambled eggs with cheese? I can pre make that and warm it up in the morning!

Love these yummy ideas!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I'm on a protein shake kick right now, but in the past I've also done Greek yogurt, overnight oats, mini egg fritattas (make them ahead of time and warm them up), or even just a latte for breakfast.
  • DawnPodojil
    DawnPodojil Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Fruit and a cup of decaf. Today I cut up an apple, a banana, and added a peeled orange. I know those looking to reduce carbs would cringe at this, but I'm trying to lower my cholesterol and tend to avoid eating a lot of animal products.
  • kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I do make-ahead breakfast burritos with sausage, eggs, hashbrowns, and cheese. You wrap them up and put them in the freezer. Just heat them up for about 2 minutes and it's really great to busy mornings when you don't want to cook.
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Every morning for breakfast I have a hard boiled egg and a "mean green" which is a juice from a cucumber, kale, ginger root, a green apple, 1/2 lemon, and celery. I love it! And of course I have my cup of coffee. And a couple hours after that I have almonds. This is my daily ritual. At least when I am at work :)
  • cnb165
    cnb165 Posts: 9
    Options
    Waffles with yogurt and fruit on top
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    My husband makes these as well. He loves them and they are super cheap and easy. Just throw them in the microwave. :)
    I do make-ahead breakfast burritos with sausage, eggs, hashbrowns, and cheese. You wrap them up and put them in the freezer. Just heat them up for about 2 minutes and it's really great to busy mornings when you don't want to cook.
  • dmeyerman
    Options
    I am not a breakfast type person, so for me I go really light. I eat 3 eggs but only keep one of the yolks ~ 130cals. Then I eat a couple of hours later when I get hungry, the key is to eat to get your metabolism going, because even if you are not hungry not eating in the morning keeps you in fasting mode ie breakfast, (break-the-fast).
  • fattybumclaire
    fattybumclaire Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    my fave is banana pancakes - literally just 1 egg and 1 banana and half a teaspoon of ground flax seed, whizz it up and add some berries, my preference is blueberries. you can pan cook them with a smidge of coconut oil or if I am feeling rushed for time I pour the mixture into a silicone muffin case. Seriously delicious :)
  • moliva4
    moliva4 Posts: 29
    Options
    Today I had an english muffin with egg whites, black forest ham and some hot mustard...

When I know I'll be having a lot of carbs in the day and try and lower my carb intake I'll make an egg white omelette with mushrooms, mozzarella cheese (lighter kind), ham, and depends on whatever veggies I have to throw in...
  • donnat238
    donnat238 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup of cottage cheese, 1/2 cup of blueberries with chia seeds and walnuts sprinkled on top
  • JohnDowding
    JohnDowding Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My low-carb breakfast is to hard-boiled eggs, and 2 strips of low-sodium bacon. I can make the bacon and eggs a week-at-a-time, so it's plenty quick.
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    hard boiled eggs, almonds and berries
  • AmayaJo1
    Options
    My breakfast is actually broken up( I like to eat every 2 hours): So, at 8 am, I have some frosted mini wheats with vanilla almond milk, then around 10 am, I have 3-4 slices of turkey bacon, egg whites, slice of cheese, french toast stick, and a cup of green tea.

41790593.png