Losing Pregnancy Weight after a C-Section

Options
Hi Ladies,

I just had a baby 3 months ago by C-Section and I really want to get back in shape. I am breastfeeding which limits my options (i.e. no extreme dieting or exercise). I didn't lose weight by breastfeeding (like everyone says you do) because I have a slow metabolism. I have a long way to go so I am wondering if anyone has lost the weight after a C-Section by just going to the gym. I am still sometimes tender after 3 months and I am not sure what workouts to try that are easier on my body but I am ready to start. Let me know if anything has worked for you.

Replies

• bamac11
    Options
    If you are not working, look into Stoller Strides. It is an excellent program for moms.
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    I didn't start working out until after 6 months.

My first csection I was so scared to exercise because I felt like my stomach was going to rip open.

This time around I know better! With breastfeeding I didn't experience much weight loss either.
    What is helping me is an extreme or should I say "Insane" workout program lol but I'm no longer breastfeeding.

One lady who did P90X, Insanity and Brazil Butt Lift no longer has the c section belly flap!