Just Dance Wii Game

Options
I have a wii and I'm thinking of getting the Just Dance 2014 game to exercise with. I hate to exercise but love games, even if they have movement in them. But can you loose weight off of it? If so, how much did any of you loose?

Replies

• Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Well, I love my Just Dance, I have it for the PS4. However, exercise is for fitness. Your weight loss will come down to your calorie deficit. I've been playing it a few days a week for quite a few months. I've noticed I'm better coordination wise because of it and it definitely burns some calories.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is mostly diet. But, moving more can help.

Just Dance can be great cardio. Wii has lots of other fitness games too....anything you can do to enjoy movement more is great.

Redbox does rent a few Wii games....you might be able to try before you buy.
  • purrypants01
    purrypants01 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Is there any other wii games that help burn calories?
  • purrypants01
    Options
    Thanks I didn't know that! Great idea.
    @Teabea
  • My_Own_Worst_Enemy
    My_Own_Worst_Enemy Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Do you have the Wii Fit? I never really liked the idea of holding a controller or having the nun-chuk strapped to your thigh for running etc. Its not the end of the world, just kind of cumbersome and annoying when you get into the zone and are having a good workout and have to stop because something popped out or disconnected etc. This is why I prefer the xbox or kinect. Do have access to that? The Xbox One / Xbox Fitness is really good.

If not, the Just Dance for the Wii is excellent. Anything to get you up off the couch and moving is a great thing. Even sitting and watching TV on a balance ball is better for you than just sitting on a couch. Just by virtue of eating less and moving more you should see some results. Good Luck!
  • My_Own_Worst_Enemy
    My_Own_Worst_Enemy Posts: 218 Member
    Options

Check this link out .... http://wiifitu.nintendo.com/
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

I have a few Wii games.........

ExerBeat.....this has different types of exercise....pilates, yoga, dance, karate. It starts out slow (short workouts) after you build up points the workouts get longer. This one is hard to find.

Walk It Out .....this is great, but to get a workout I use a rebounder. You basically walk (jog) in place and earn points (steps).
    You "build" an island by buying .....trees, cars, houses, etc.....that you earned from points.

PunchOut .....this is a boxing game. Great cardio for the unccordinated.

I don't have have the board so my options are a little limited. .....

If you like dance .............Zumba is really popular, but I have 2 feet. I've never tried zumba in any form.
  • purrypants01
    Options
    Thanks! I'll try some of those with Redbox:smile:
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I got Just Dance 2014 a couple weeks ago and I love it! They have a Just Sweat option that you can do for 20, 40 (& maybe 60) minutes, so there's only a really quick break between songs. I end up being a little sweaty, but it doesn't feel llike you're exercising because it's so fun.