I can't do this!

Options
2»

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Hon, if you can barely get to 1200...don't worry about anything BUT the calories. Peanut butter is an easy 170-200 calories for 2 tabelspoons... a large banana is about 100 calories. Add a piece of bread for about 100 calories and some honey for 60. Not something that you will be stuffed on but it's an easy way to eat up calories and pretty healthy too and uh, DELICIOUS.

Any kind of nut or seed - about 1/4 cup will be around 150-200 calories. Plums are about 70 calories, kiwis are about 50 calories (I could eat 10 of those at one time, lol).

Again, just focus on the calories right now...once you figure out how to manage that, THEN worry about the other macronutrients. K? Good luck!!
  • lauralynette
    Options
    deep breath and do a search for dinners around 500 calories, eatingwell.com is one of my favorite sites, allrecipies.com, even shape has healthy recipies.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    You're not at 1200 calories?
    Have an apple with 2 tbsp of peanut butter. Sprinkle raisens on top.

Stricken the words "I can't" from your vocabulary. Substitute them with "How can I."

You can do it. If you drink milk, use 2% or whole instead of skim. Share your diary and we'd be glad to help more.
    How can I!! <~~~ Love THAT!!:drinker:
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    sweetie, not everybody can boost up in a day. takes a few days of tweaking to find what works. on your profile check your diary settings and pick public if you need folks to see your food selections and give more specific advice. you will get there--many of us are finding our way thru this--i'm not the greatest math person for example.

forgive yourself, every day is a new opportunity. a banana is good--dab peanut butter on it. or cream cheese on a mini bagel.
    you ARE going to get the hang of it! please know we're all rooting for you!!
  • tluke44
    Options
    I can relate a little.. When I track my calories and really focus on what I'm eating, some days it is hard to reach 1200. I've found that if I stick to regular meals around 300 calories and top it off with 3 snacks that are about 100 calories, it really helps. When you eat at a constant, meaning regularly... Your body actually continuously burns those calories and the fat stored in your body.. I could use a few friends myself.. Keeep it up YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    If we say we "Can't" and believe we "Can't" then chances are we Can't & Won't ! As another poster shared swap those words around and make it I CAN DO IT! Makes it far more simple if we learn to believe in ourselves and along the way in the meantime, just put one foot in front of the other, just like many of us have had to do to get where we are today.

We're on a path on the journey, none of us have arrived, it's not a race, so if you're racing, it's with nonone but yourself which can get oooooh so frustrating & simply overwhelm us:ohwell:

I wish you well, so much good advice had been given on this thread and several other threads you began on about this topic. I think the best advice thus far is to seek a professional, perhaps one that specialized in EDs.

It's your turn to take the next step toward wellness and a balanced life..:heart:

Becca:flowerforyou: