Anyone NOT count fruit?

Options
JW if there is anyone out there that does not track fruit when they eat it and they still lose? This is my Weight Watchers mentality and I lost 80 pounds on WW, I am just in maintenence/ wanting to lose 5 more pounds stage.....Any suggestions welcome:)

Replies

• Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Count it. It still has calories. In fact, everything has calories and enough "not counting" can negate a calorie deficit.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    umm fruit should be counted as it contains calories (and it adds up pretty quick depending on the type of fruit).. WW also may not have you count fruit, but they also give you 1200 calories and then your given these freebies.. You can not count it, but if your weight starts to stall you should look at that fruit before you start screaming HELP!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Count it. It still has calories. In fact, everything has calories and enough "not counting" can negate a calorie deficit.
    Thanks, I had grapes this morning.......1,2, 3, 4..........oh my.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    JW if there is anyone out there that does not track fruit when they eat it and they still lose? This is my Weight Watchers mentality and I lost 80 pounds on WW, I am just in maintenence/ wanting to lose 5 more pounds stage.....Any suggestions welcome:)

Check the caloric value of your WW points.....it's likely very low. So "not counting" fruit works when the value starts so low. Here it's just log (count) everything you eat.

There are WW groups here......in Community....click on Groups. They will be able to help.
  • NurseKristi81
    NurseKristi81 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have done it both ways....counting and not counting.......I would never eat in excess just maybe a couple pieces a day........
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Fruit is generally healthy and is one of the pillars of my eating plan, but it has a lot of sugar and calories and really should be counted if you are tracking what you are consuming.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options

MFP works beautifully when you track absolutely everything because you can then see the truth about your calorie intake and cut, bulk and maintain painlessly for ever.

Fruit is pretty calorific. You got to count it.

The only thing I don't count is cucumber and lettuce!

The truth has set me free from being 30'% plus body fat to 20%. I eat lots more and feel amazing.
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I count everything that I consume. I spent half an hour looking for the calorie content of a single chip because I ate one of my fiance's sour cream & onion chips one time.
  • kjm09d
    kjm09d Posts: 2
    Options
    It should always be counted.

I eat a strawberry or a grape, I won't freak out about counting it. But I normally eat an apple a day and that's almost 100 calories so I always count that!
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I seriously can eat over 350 calories from fruit in a day, lol! And that's not counting the OJ I used to drink before I had to watch my BG spikes (no fiber in fruit juice, so much higher glycemic load). Count it ;)
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I count every thing I put in my mouth, including vitamins, salt, pepper, etc. Everything.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options

MFP works beautifully when you track absolutely everything because you can then see the truth about your calorie intake and cut, bulk and maintain painlessly for ever.

Fruit is pretty calorific. You got to count it.

The only thing I don't count is cucumber and lettuce!

The truth has set me free from being 30'% plus body fat to 20%. I eat lots more and feel amazing.

Why? Do cucumber & lettuce not have calories?
  • lialou67
    lialou67 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congradulations on your weight loss! I would count it in the stage you are in. WW is a good program. What do they say to do to maintain?:flowerforyou:
  • PtheronJr
    PtheronJr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    A decently sized banana can have over 100 calories, a big fat apple can have over 80.
    So yes, fruit has a decent amount of calories in it and you should track it like everything else.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    no. I even track 4 calorie splenda packets. you're on a website designed to track how many calories you eat, why would you fail to count something you consume?
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Count everything....this is very simple. Don't over think it folks.:flowerforyou:
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Fruit has fructose - fruit sugar - and so should be counted. If you think about it, the whole process of wine making is turning the fruit sugars into alcohol which can give you some idea as to how much fructose we are talking about!! Having said that, I can go through a punnet of grapes in a day!
  • smpreston
    smpreston Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I count fruit, but don't count ice cream. If I don't log it, then the calories never happened.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    Fruit has fructose - fruit sugar - and so should be counted. If you think about it, the whole process of wine making is turning the fruit sugars into alcohol which can give you some idea as to how much fructose we are talking about!! Having said that, I can go through a punnet of grapes in a day!

why should it be counted for its sugar rather than its calorie content?
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    No, I think that's a trick to get you to eat 'healthy' foods.

I count mine because I like to know how my dietary fiber, potassium, vitamins ect. add up at the end of the day.