Would anyone have any healthy options food list???

Just starting here on the site, and it seems like planning is my biggest issue. Would anyone have any food list of healty low impact but filling snacks and meal ideas?

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Lean proteins and vegetables are generally a safe option for both meeting calorie deficit goals and providing satiety.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Snacks-
    hummus and veggies
    nuts
    fruit
    greek yogurt
    string cheese
    healthier granola bars
    oatmeal

Meals
    fish
    chicken
    veggies(roasted are wonderful!)
    salad (just a little dressing)
    brown rice
    quinoa
    homemade soups/stews (broth based not creamy)
    tacos(use turkey burger or go vegetarian with refried beans) use lots of lettuce, tomatoes, beans, onion. Use avocado and salsa for "moisture", not sour cream. Try whole grain tortillas.
    butternut squash
    sweet potatoes
    fajitas

I will try to make at least 3-4 meals for the week over the weekend. Then I just need to pop them in the oven or throw it in the crockpot. I will also make up sandwich/wrap filling or soups to bring for lunches. I always have everything around to make fajitas (quick and easy!), tacos, and a pasta/pesto dish. These are my "emergency" meals when time is tight. For the pasta/pesto dish, I cook whole wheat penne pasta. While that's cooking, I saute onion and garlic in olive oil. I then add diced tomatoes and white beans. Cook for a couple minutes. Drain the pasta and add to veggies. Add pesto and chopped spinach. Supper is done! And it is SO good! I use no salt added canned tomatoes, frozen spinach and canned beans. Also premade pesto.
    I make up my menus for the next week on Wed/Thurs, shop on Friday or Saturday based on those menus, then do whatever pre-cooking I'm going to do on Saturday or Sunday. This has worked very well for me!
  • Jkn921
    Jkn921 Posts: 309 Member
    For lunch I usually have two pieces of chicken (not that big but enough) with vegetables (broccoli, green, sweetcorn etc.) and roast potatoes.

Snacks: I started incorporating fruit in my diet, it's worked really well as a snack between meals to make sure I'm not undereating.
  • gtmuggs
    gtmuggs Posts: 16
    Thanks this is just what i was looking for to get started