Yo yo yo!

Happy Friday! My name is Alyssa. I live in Lexington KY. I am excited about losing this weight I have put on and getting in better cardiac health. I would love to make some buddies on here and maybe even meet some fellow Kentuckians for some exercise, healthy meals out, and idea sharing!

My goals are to get down to 122, increase lean muscle. I want a flat stomach. I want my heart to get in shape. I'd like to be able to exercise for more than 15 minutes. I want to lower my cholesterol. I also know this extra fat is creating a hormonal imbalance and I really need to get it in check.

I am currently seeing a doctor and am taking phentermine. My BMI was 31 last Monday when I began. I have a strong family history of heart disease on my fathers side. And by strong I mean EVERYONE on his side has either died very young, has had bypass surgeries young, and/or had heart attacks in high numbers. My mothers side is full of diabetes. The heart diseased ones are thin, the diabetics are obese. I'm only 5'2 and weighed 170 last week...YUCK!

This fat has had a huge impact on my self confidence, and I've become a bit of a recluse. I am ashamed of the way I look and I want to get back to my ole self again! I'm only 33 and I should be having fun!

Replies

• KalieHudson
    KalieHudson Posts: 307 Member
    Welcome! MFP is a great tool to help you achieve your weight loss goals. I also have health issues from both parents that I am trying to overcome and prevent by losing weight. I enjoy supporting fellow MFP friends. I have sent you a friend request. Anyone feel free to add me!