Who is your biggest supporter?

Options
I see a lot of people posting about unsupportive people in their lives who make their goals more difficult to achieve. Who are the supportive people in your life? My boyfriend is awesome. He's even offered to buy me new clothes here and there since I'll be in school starting February with reduced hours at work. He used to grab me a beer, glass of wine, snack when he would get one for himself and now he asks me first if I have enough calories left for ____. There's a lot of stuff I could go on about, but I won't bore you guys too much. :)

My boss noticed my weight loss so he bought me a belt and said "Here. Save your money and buy pants less often. Keep up the good work."

My mother tries to be supportive by giving me recipes with ingredients such as rice flour, whole wheat pasta and other "healthy" foods that I don't particularly care for. She doesn't understand how I'm losing weight when I eat chocolate and cookies on a near daily basis. But it's the thought that counts I suppose.

Replies

• blc1971
    blc1971 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Your boyfriend sounds like a "keeper" to me!! My biggest supporters are my sweet husband and my youngest son. My husband keeps me stocked with my healthy "go-to" foods like soups, Greek yogurt, etc. He also makes sure I have time to workout when I want to by taking on some of the household chores and stuff. He was always thoughtful that way. He's bought me new clothes all along during this process and he tells me every day I'm beautiful. However, even at my heaviest, he told me I was beautiful!! My son comments on his skinny mommy and how much better I look now. It's really nice to have people in your life who encourage and support your efforts.

Congrats on your success thus far!!:flowerforyou:
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Great topic! I get a little annoyed with the repeated "my co-workers are conspiring to make me fat" or "my boyfriend/husband/roommate/mom is sabotaging my diet"...it's a nice change to focus on the positives.

I've found most people in my life to be pretty supportive, in that they don't pry when I give vague answers to questions about my weight loss. For example, my standard response to coworkers whenever I'm asked if I'm losing weight its "oh a little bit, just trying to eat healthier!"