What alcoholic beverage has lowest cal count?

Options
One of my good friends (who I don't see often enough) is celebrating her 30th birthday in New Orleans tonight!!! Ashlea's Dirty Thirty Celebration!!!! ;) Me & 2 of my girlfriends are going & since we are sleeping in the city & won't be driving we will be enjoying a few drinks. All 3 of us work full-time on top of being mothers & need a mini vacay & want to party a little. All 3 of us are on a healthy lifestyle journey though.I know we shouldn't be drinking at all but since we will be I am looking for a lower calorie option? Thanks in advance!!!

Replies

• ChristineOlivarri
    ChristineOlivarri Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    clear liquor is all I drink when I go out.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Since we don't know what you like, your best bet would be to go to the manufacturers' websites and look to see if they have that info. I know some of them do. If not, then plug some ideas into your food log and see what comes up.
  • vintagelaisance
    vintagelaisance Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Thanks!
  • nm212
    nm212 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    vodka club soda is my go to drink...with a splash of lime or cran ;)
  • vintagelaisance
    Options
    That sounds good. :)
  • vintagelaisance
    Options
    clear liquor is all I drink when I go out.

Vodka? What do you get mixed with it?
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    alcohol itself has a certain amount of cals (don't remember exactly what it was), but it depends on what else is in the drink that packs on more cals. If you're trying to get the most alcohol without extra cals I'd say go with hard liquor and a diet mixer. I stick to vodka and water with a splash of lime juice. once you start adding the other sugary mixers you start adding more cals.
  • nm212
    Options
    That's it hun. Vodka (64 calories per serving or shot) and Club Soda (0 calories). Lime or a splash of cranberry juice ( but that will add maybe 30 calories I'm guessing). I usually go with lime cause it's zero cal. :-) Or you can opt for light beer.
  • ChristineOlivarri
    ChristineOlivarri Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    vodka and tonic water
  • rfw24
    rfw24 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    bourbon and diet coke really isn't bad. There are some low calorie beers, but I can't stand the taste of them.
  • Micbou1
    Micbou1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My wife drink anything made by SkinnyGirl. Check it out, it´s really low calories. http://skinnygirlcocktails.com/lpa
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    http://getdrunknotfat.com/

That right there is all you need.

/thread
  • vintagelaisance
    Options
    My wife drink anything made by SkinnyGirl. Check it out, it´s really low calories. http://skinnygirlcocktails.com/lpa

I've had skinny girl before. I liked it. Maybe we'll pick some up & have a little pre-party!!! Thanks!
  • nm212
    Options
    Or a glass of wine....as long as you don't have TOO many glasses. ;)
  • harrlea8
    harrlea8 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    watch out for the sugar, itll get ya tomorrow :sick:
  • uncharted01
    uncharted01 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    vodka + seltzer + a couple lemon slices squeezed in = YUM!!!

have fun! :drinker:
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    vodka and tonic water
    Tonic water has a LOT of calories, similar to soda. Either get diet tonic water or go with club soda.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    All 3 of us are on a healthy lifestyle journey though.I know we shouldn't be drinking at all but since we will be I am looking for a lower calorie option?

Another vodka, soda and lime lover here. If I am home, it's diet tonic instead of soda. Out of curiosity, why do you think you shouldn't be drinking at all?
  • kherrons
    kherrons Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    TY KU Soju sake is delicious but only 40 proof. So if you're going for drunk, probably not the best option :laugh:
  • ken_m
    ken_m Posts: 128
    Options
    Just drink water all night, interspersed with shots of Patron.

The real danger is the lack of inhibition later on in the evening when you'll be tempted to eat and the following day when greasy food will sound extremely appealing.