Any tall women out there?

Options
ahende612
ahende612 Posts: 12 Member
I guess I would like to see some success stories from tall woman. I am 6'0 tall, and current 300lbs :(. I hear women talking about their size (I'm a size 20). Maybe if you could share your pant sizes? I can't realistically see myself being smaller than a size 16. Just looking to see some success stories from other women.

Replies

• cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Hey - I fail miserably when I try to post pictures but there are a few on my profile. I am 5'10" and my highest known weight was 289, though I believe it was a bit more. They aren't the best comparison pics but the one in the black swimsuit is me around 185-190. I still have some ways to go.

I'm not normal proportions and my top half is significantly larger. I normally wear a size L top, sometimes XL... some fitted blazers I can't fit my broad shoulders and I would have to go into plus sizes.

My bottom half - pants are a size 8 or 10. I'm down just a few more pounds and have more tone so today I'm wearing 8s that are actually a little loose and a Medium top.

hard to judge by sizes. When you start going you'll see the changes you want to see!
  • Kanyon17
    Kanyon17 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

I'm 5'10'', started at 270lbs, down to 229. I'm a size 16 here in Canada because of my thights!

We can do this :)
  • iggylove123
    Options
    Hi! I am 20 years old and I started my weight loss journey at the end of October/beginning of November in 2012! I just came to college and I was a little heavier than I normally was. I went to the doctor because I had an infection and when I went on the scale it said 200! In high school I was a varsity swimmer so I was fairly used to being in shape. At 5'9.5" I knew I shouldn't be that heavy. I started cutting down on what I was eating and would try to eat sandwiches, healthier cereals, fruit, and spinach. I would try to stay under 1500 calories and work out at least 4 days a week! Around the beginning of December I was down to 185! And by the middle of January I was about 173ish. I kept doing my lovely elliptical for between 40 and 50 minutes a day and lifted some weights if my body felt up to it! By Summer of 2013 I was down to 163! I had to buy mew shorts! A SIZE 10!!!! I wasn't that since my freshman year in high school if that! To be honest I did gain some weight back over winter break this year. The holidays beat me this time! I am back at school now and I'm trying to get down to 158.

Around September I was an 8/10. I consider myself to be a wider lady. I have "child bearing hips". I wear a 36c. Wide ribs, wide shoulders, wide hips and big thighs. You can get your weight down and you CAN get below a size 16 :) I could never be smaller than an 8, that just wouldn't be physically possible for me :) You're the only person who can properly judge what size you can get down to! Stop when you are happy with you! Add me if you wish :)
  • ahende612
    ahende612 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I very rarely see other tall women, and most are tall and thin. It's a bit awkward (And definitely hard to shop) when you are 6'0 and a bigger gal on top of that. Thanks for the sharing ladies!
  • jenEphur
    jenEphur Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I'm 5'11.75" and I'm 307.6 pounds. I'm in a 24 right now dress pant, and I can fit into a size 24 maurice's blue jeans. However, both of those are nearly hanging off me, so I'm probably in a 22 by now. I carry most of my weight in my stomach.

I remember at some point around 275ish, I was going up a pant size for every 10ish pounds I put on, so I'm looking forward to getting there soon and dropping these pant sizes quickly again!
  • desertcrafty
    desertcrafty Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and weight 195. My ideal weight has traditionally been about 155-160 and at that weight I was able to fit into size 10...although I've had two babies since then so who knows...!. Right now I'm a 16 sometimes 18.
  • Speazzy
    Speazzy Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a fellow tall - 5'11". I am down 40 something pounds. I was a size 16/18 and working my way into plus size pants at my heaviest..which was 230 (or two hundred and too much as I now call it). I am down to 175 right now and wear an 8/10. I got down to 157 a few summers ago and would love to be back there. I am really trying my best to not fixate on the number on the scale, but rather how I look, how my clothes fit, and how I feel. I am going to start incorporating weight lifting into my daily workouts. I do light weights right now, Insanity, and Zumba. I love cardio, but I know if I want to change my body, I need to start lifting heavy.

Here is a community that I belong to, just special for us tall ladies! Feel free to add me as a friend is you'd like! =)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/126-tall-women
  • JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", my starting weight was 188 lbs, pant size 14/16 and large/xl shirts. I'm currently down 40+ lbs, in a size 10 pant and medium shirts.

f0242586-0b0f-4a07-84bb-1bb73c546c3d_zps027b2dc4.jpg
    744f93d6-a785-423a-9890-0af76a967c1e_zps8e9bbc21.jpg
    ed69af72-cca0-44bb-8fd7-3b7b7392cde5_zpsa80ab6a3.jpg
  • skittle316
    skittle316 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    5'10 hip size 42" and im a 15 or 30. My calfs are pretty small around 16"
    Oooops forgot weight im around 197-200 but I want to be 120lbs or 150lbs and a size 7 or 4.
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10". My heaviest was 260. I'm hovering around 181 right now. I was at a super tight 20 (couldn't buy a 22). Right now I'm somewhere in the 10-14 range. I just tried on a size 10 dress that fit on top, but tight on the bottom (booty!). I'm trying to decide between a comfortable size 14 pants or a tight 12 in hopes it will fit soon.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1135306-finally-in-onederland

Starting
    waist 37
    hips 50
    bust 45
    calf 17.5

Currently
    waist: 30"
    hips: 42
    bust: 37
    calf: 16
  • TcaitlinO
    TcaitlinO Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 6'0 too and in a similar boat. I wear a size 20 pants now. I remember when I was 200-210 I wore a size 14-16, so I'm not sure how I'd really get much smaller than that either. What's your end goal, if you don't mind me asking? I'm 277 now and I'm aiming for 200. I'll reevaluate then, but I'm never going to be the willowy sort of tall woman, it's just not in my build. The recommended range for a woman our height is 144-177. I think I might belong on the upper end of that range. I was very fit when I weighed in at 200. I imagine in the end I'll aim for around 180, but only time will tell!
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11", I started out at 230 size 16, I am now 153 and wearing a size 6. I have never been this size since I was pre-puberty. Always thought I was going to be 'bigger' and was told I was big boned. Proved myself wrong and now wear size S in tops and size 6 in bottoms.

And I'm over 40 so proof you can loose the weight post kid, post 40.
  • endlesswonderr
    endlesswonderr Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9. My starting weight was around 150-155 pounds, and now I weight around 140. I'm a size 5 in pants, and my hips are 41"!
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am also 6' tall! My official start weight was 220, but my highest known weight was 250. I'm now right around 164, size 10 (possibly 8). It has taken me six years (I've had two more babies in the meantime). When I first started, just getting under 200 was my goal- getting within normal seemed impossible. Just start making better choices, one day at a time!
  • gurlygirlrcr80
    gurlygirlrcr80 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm 5'11" and I started out at 323 pounds and was a size 24. I'm now a size 17 juniors (they fit my shape best) but I can wear a 16 women's they just don't fit my shape right. Feel free to friend request me :) I'm looking to get down another 40 but does pant size matter when u feel beautiful :) nope!
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I'm 6ft. I started out at 302lbs and wore a 26. I currently weigh 230 and I wear a 16.
  • danireeder16
    Options
    I am 5'10'' and 148 pounds. Looking to get down to 138 again. I am fairly skinny, but feel better at the lower weight! I am 24 year old female :)
  • danireeder16
    Options
    My pants size is between an 8 and a 10. Lowest I can get is a size 6 because of my hip bones.
  • cursiny
    cursiny Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I am 5 foot 9 inches. I have lost 83 and have 68 to go. I have a few pictures on my profile you can feel free to check out. Good luck!! And feel free to add me if you'd like. I'm here everyday!

Started at 24, now I am at 18, but they are getting big fast.
  • thefantasticmrsfox
    thefantasticmrsfox Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm 1/2" off 6 feet. I currently weigh 238. Ideally I'd like to be around 180. I'm a UK 20 now and I feel very good as a 16. Not sure if I'll ever get passed that.

Always looking for new friends if anyone wants to add me?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!