Chicken Dinner

PapaPolarBear
PapaPolarBear Posts: 459
edited September 21 in Recipes
If you are anything like me then you hardly ever know what you're going to have for dinner until you start making it. I came home from work today and my wife had pulled out chicken breast for dinner. I was tired of doing the same old thing, BBQ, Baked, pan fried, I wanted something different, even if it was just a little different. I couldn't find anything to catch my interest on my favorite recipe site so I went into the kitchen to figure it out. this is what i came up with.

Ingredients

3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut to bite sized
one vidalia onion sliced
can green giant mushrooms, stems and pieces (do not drain)
can del monte green beans (do not drain)
can del monte whole kernel corn (do not drain)
1 tbsp aged balsamic vinegar.

so i heat up the olive oil in a large pan and add the sliced onions just to soften them up and then i add the chicken but i don't cook it all the way through just until most of the chicken pieces to to turn white. then i add the green beans, corn, and mushrooms with all the associated liquids from their cans, i also add 1 tbsp aged balsamic vinegar and i raise the heat up to high until it starts to boil. once boiling reduce heat back down to med hi and cover simmering until chicken is cooked all the way through approx 20 mins. remove cover and bring up to boil until liquid reduces by half. makes 6 1/2 cups.

i served over instant potatoes but i think it would go better over rice.

one cup of chicken mixture =
287 cal
14 carb
10 fat
10 protien
552 sodium
6 sugar
my whole family liked it, even the picky 6 year old.
This discussion has been closed.