What to drink when out?

Options
Hi, I'm off to the pub tonight and was just wondering what people drink while they're out? I usually go for orange juice or coke but they're both full of sugars. I'm also not a huge fan of the artificial sweeteners found in diet coke etc. At this rate it looks like ill be stuck with water, lol.

Replies

• laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I tend to have one Mich Ultra then two waters, then another Ultra, then two waters. By then it's time to go home!
  • mumfy23
    mumfy23 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Iced tea or seltzer water with lime
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Pub? You looking for alcohol choices or non?

For booze I go with white wine or vodka. Not, it's Diet Coke, water, or nothing. :drinker:
  • dannibefit
    dannibefit Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I drink vodka and coke light. or malibu and coke light. or red wine. just keep it in moderation.
  • Smashley1947
    Options
    I go out and drink beer.

Beer is delicious. I love craft IPA's and lagers.

but moderation is key. Ill order a half-pint and drink water in between. Now anyways I didn't used to and I was going out several times a week and having beer.

I go out less now and remember I can order just water with dinner.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any hard liquor is 60-70 calories per ounce. So as long as you stick with neat, with water, club soda, diet soda's, your drinks will be about 110 calories each (for a 1.5 ounce pour). Wine is a little higher at 120-150 per 6 ounces. Beer is hard for me because I hate ultra light beers, but if you don't mind them, then they're nice and low too.

But to be honest, if you keep a regular deficit I don't think an occasional night out really matters. I just got back from an all-inclusive resort where I drank and ate like crazy for 4 days. I gained all of 0.9 lbs. And we're talking margaritas, frozen drinks, beer, and lots of food.
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Club soda with lemon and a splash of OJ
  • Oscarinmiami
    Oscarinmiami Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    long island ice tea!! more bang for the buck..lol
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    On my "cheat day"...Margarita! :drinker: :bigsmile: On my "Best Behavior Day"...Ice water with lemon. :sad: :grumble:
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Grey Goose on the rocks with 2 lemon wedges squeezed in and 2 Splenda packets. Tastes like a lemon drop :)
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I second the margarita =). I have one once a year (if that) lol.
  • runs_in_heels
    runs_in_heels Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Ketel One (vodka) and club soda. with a lime. and sometimes, if i'm feeling extra saucy, a splash of cran. juice.
  • Miffylou
    Miffylou Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    One or two glasses of wine, red or white, depending what I feel like and water.