Not enough room for the fat guy in my life!

Options
My name is Willie.
I am 42 years old and have just started tracking calories for the first time in my life, and honestly I am not sure I fully understand the whole thing.
As most people, my lifestyle change started with a New Years Resolution (which has failed many years previously).
It helps alot that a bunch of people at the office shared the same goal of losing weight and started a weight loss challange.
My goals are less about losing weight than they are of getting healthy so I can stick around longer on this earth to annoy my kids.

At this point I have lost 14 pounds in 14 days and have 20 to go in order to get to the "healthy weight for a 5'7" 42 year old male".

That is my intro.
Your welcome.

Replies

• Micheetah
    Micheetah Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'll add you =)
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You are doing Awesome!!! I love it when groups get together for this, everyone wins.

Feel free to add me if you'd like

nancy
  • samran93
    samran93 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    14 pounds in 14 days is amazing! Congrats! Its great that your getting the support from people around you, if you need someone else to add to that list, feel free to add me :)
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    *You're*

Anyway, welcome! You'll find lots of knowledgable and supportive folks on this site!
  • GadgetGuy2
    GadgetGuy2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I understand that a calorie deficit of about 3500 calories results in a pound of weight loss.

If that is true, then to loose 14 pounds in one week, would mean you are eating a 7000 calorie/day deficit. Seems impossible. That's like enough calories for 3 people to eat normally for the day! More if they are smaller/lighter than the average.

Anyone know if the assumption in the 1st sentence above is accurate? If true, perhaps the OP has had a huge water loss, in addition to some weight loss.

OOPs....correction 14 pounds in two weeks, thus a calorie deficit equal to the food eaten by 1.5 people (3500 calories), and that is the deficit, not the total calorie budget!

Good luck OP! A healthier lifestyle and longevity is a "Never Ending Story" (i.e. to get the benefits, you can't stop doing it).