Fish!

Options
sjp_511
sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
My husband and I want to try and eat fish at least once a week instead of the 1-2 times per month we normally do. My current fish habits are either tuna patties made from canned tuna or baked salmon.

I am looking for other ideas on what kinds of fish to try and how to cook it. Also include any sides to make a complete meal.

Replies

• GadgetGuy2
    GadgetGuy2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Grilled Halibut. :)
  • LeahFerri
    LeahFerri Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Mahi mahi. I usually eat it with a little soy glaze and some sort of vegetable. Green beans or stir fry mix or something.
  • EmpoweringMe331
    Options
    I recommend looking at some recipes on allrecipes.com. I love this site! They always have yummy recipes. Good luck!
  • biscuit1942
    biscuit1942 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Blackend Salmon
    Take any fish, i prefer salmon. drizzle a little olive oil on each side then heap on: Garlic Powder, Paprika, Chilli powder, Caynne, and rub in. Turn a skillet to high and let it get hot. Lay the fish in, cook on each side about 30 seconds, get a nice crust on it and then cover and turn to low heat to cook throughout.
    I love this reciepe and do it often. I usually prepare with backed potato and veggies or quinoa which I add tomatos and basil too.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I recommend looking at some recipes on allrecipes.com. I love this site! They always have yummy recipes. Good luck!

Good advice right here ^^
  • lillivewire87
    lillivewire87 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    eatingwell.com or cleaneatingmag.com

Awesome recipes for fish!
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Shrimp stir fry!
    Easy way to get rid of all the veggies in your fridge before they go bad.
    Chop up and throw in a pan with a little oil, a little soy sauce, some sriracha~

Serve with rice or lettuce wraps. Yum!
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    cajun grilled catfish

If eating out - Cheddars (a national chain) makes a great version of this.

I like frozen filet's, invidually sealed, so I can take out what we need. A little bay seasoning (both sides) and bake it in the oven. Swaii, tilapia, flounder, etc. Easy as can be.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Fish tacos is one of my all time favorite foods!
    I usually use tilapia because it is cheap, but you can use any kind you want.

Grill the fish with some spicy seasoning. (Whatever you like.)
    Serve with corn tortillas, pico de gallo, green salsa, finely chopped cabbage.

Here are some examples if you are looking for more instruction:
    http://www.cookinglight.com/food/recipe-finder/fish-taco-recipes-00412000075793/
  • I make grilled fish tacos! I pan cook white fish, when it is too cold to grill (cod is what I have right now) after I have rubbed it with chili powder, cumin, a tiny bit of olive oil, sometimes I add cayenne to spice it up a bit. Then you can either eat it with corn tortillas, lettuce, tomato, hot sauce, and avocado. If you are doing lower carb you can replace the tortilla with romaine lettuce leaves. Easy, fast, and really yummy!
  • jadetigereyes
    jadetigereyes Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Broiled balsamic salmon - so delicious and easy to make!

Drizzle the olive oil and balsamic vinegar on the salmon and marinate. Broil 4-6 inches away from the heat source at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes or until the fish flakes with a fork.

Serve with veggies and/or quinoa/couscous/brown rice, or whatever other sides you want!
  • gypsyone96
    Options
    Baked tilapia! Just wash and put them on a baking pan. Sprinkle any spice of your choice (I usually go with oregano, and garlic pepper), squeeze on some lemon, and pop them into the oven for about 20 minutes. It taste amazing and is super filling. I usually eat my tilapia with mini egg white quiches and a side of veggies. It's all under 250 calories too!
  • aadhyasiddhi
    Options
    Salmon is good for health.There is a useful website Health.com ,where you can find somw good recipes of fish as your complete meal.
  • ibleedunionblue
    ibleedunionblue Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    My preference is baked or grilled cod. I just flavor with dry lemon pepper. Cod is very low fat.
  • BunBun85
    BunBun85 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    We're surrounded by yummy fish all the time, some of our favourite eats are...

Salmon, raw, made into chowder, grilled/baked/fried, served with veggies, boiled potatoes and sauce.

Torsk... Cod? ... grilled/baked/fried and served with crispy bacon pieces on top, fish sauce, veggies and boiled potatoes.

Mackerel, skinned/boned, chopped up and stewed really thick with tomatoes almost like a spaghetti sauce and served on top of slices of bread, open sandwiches. It's also good if you BBQ it and serve with potato salad.
  • ex11b90
    ex11b90 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Penne pasta with salmon and asparagus is one of our favorites, it's a WW recipe, healthy and easy to make, also makes great leftovers. I don't have the recipe but if you google it you'll find it.
  • Rblake3699
    Rblake3699 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your post. I'm new to myfitnesspal. and want to learn how to eat correctly. Or just more healthy

I'll check out allrecipes.com
  • bperkins88
    bperkins88 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Salmon with Garlic Pepper, and Red curry powder on the skin. Super hot pan with coconut oil, throw salmon down, Caramelize it, flip, repeat, then add water throw a lid on it turn the heat down and let it simmer.
  • henriettevanittersum
    Options
    Parmesan crusted white fish. Dip in egg mixed with pepper and salt to taste, then roll through finely grated (dry) parmesan and bake in butter. Yumm... about 200 cal per 150 grams of fish.
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I make a risotto with smoked mackerel - really really yummy! Just cook the risotto rice as usual, You can add peas, stir in the smoked mackerel at the end and heat through - needs no flavourings as the mackerel is strong and salty. Really hearty cold weather food. Mmmm.