Men Repelling Fashion?

Options
1235»

Replies

• sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    A couple of co-workers were just talking about a segment they watched about what fashions either repel a man or attract one.

Repelling...

Trendy Sweats used for traveling or running errands.
    Bright Colour & Bold Pattern
    Oversized Coat

So basically anything the woman is comfortable in

Attracting...

Denim & Plaid
    Classic White T-shirt
    Little Black Dress

Am I missing anything???

I think you forgot the all important yoga pants on that attracting list.

Yoga pants are the new LBD.
  • chopper_pilot
    chopper_pilot Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Men - dont ever tell your wife that she looks beautiful, she didnt put that on for you so dont insult her by insinuating that she did. she doesnt care if you think she looks nice and you want to take her out and show her off. Mind your own business and ignore what she puts on her body. It's no one's concern but her own and she really does not care what you think.

Speak for yourself. My wife may not aways dress for me but she does want to know that I thinks she looks great in something. Don't make a blanket statement for the rest of women cause you think this way. She aways asked and loves when I compliment her. And, she is in shape and has plenty of confidence.

dude - that was ENTIRELY sarcasm. geez.
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    The segment I watched basically said that men hate long skirts, short skirts, pants, shorts, overalls, patterns, and solids on women . . . the reporter came to the conclusion that men inherently hate everything women wear and the only acceptable attire is obviously nothing.

This is definitely how my husband feels :P
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Men - dont ever tell your wife that she looks beautiful, she didnt put that on for you so dont insult her by insinuating that she did. she doesnt care if you think she looks nice and you want to take her out and show her off. Mind your own business and ignore what she puts on her body. It's no one's concern but her own and she really does not care what you think.

Speak for yourself. My wife may not aways dress for me but she does want to know that I thinks she looks great in something. Don't make a blanket statement for the rest of women cause you think this way. She aways asked and loves when I compliment her. And, she is in shape and has plenty of confidence.

dude - that was ENTIRELY sarcasm. geez.

My bad. Just makind sure. I hadn't had my protein. I was going crazy!!!
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Runner5AbelTownship Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Maybe these dudes are just looking for a wardrobe to borrow. One stop shopping.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
  • WuTanquerayClan
    Options

Am I missing anything???

Yes. The fact that we don't dress to repel or attract men.

*rolls eyes* maybe in your imaginary land of "overly feminist"
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    My husband likes me naked. Last night he said that they should make a special exception to the law that allows me to walk around naked all the time. But, he likes what I wear. And sometimes makes requests for things such as a shiny black catsuit.

Your husband is spot on.
  • WuTanquerayClan
    Options
    A short haircut repels men who desire feminine women.

true. look how manly:

halle-berry-cnn-heroes-04.jpg

emma-watson-marie-claire-1.jpeg

tumblr_lhtmb2yUwl1qg4zguo1_400.jpg

jamie-lee-curtis.bmp

Only Halle berry looked okay in that short hair list.
  • loseitnow66
    Options
    I do find short hair very sexy on a woman.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    My husband says he doesn't care what I wear because he always knows I am naked under my clothes. Although he does appreciate the aesthetics of certain outfits more than others.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    would it blow people's minds if i said that men have varying opinion sin what they find attractive and "repelling"
  • ironcowgirl46
    Options
    I would agree!!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options

Only Halle berry looked okay in that short hair list.

That's your preference of attraction and that's fine. But I was addressing the comment that women with short weren't feminine. And while you may not be attracted to the other three, and you may not be attracted to short hair-- both are matters of preference, I just don't think you can say they are not "feminine."

As a side note- Jamie Lee Curtis looks 1000 times better with short hair than she did with long, in my opinion.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    I thought this thread was going to deliver...

...something along these lines

Valor-Urban-Enforcer-Boot.t.jpg

it has not