Best 30 minutes strength training DVD

Anybody can suggest me short 25-30 minutes DVD that focus on strength training, and do not need special equipment? I have pull -up bar in the basement, and a set of adjustable dumbbell ( 2.5 -20 lb ) and an adjustable kettlebell ( 5-20 lb) plus some resistance bands.

I used to do P90X long time ago prior getting pregnant with my last baby and I loved the strength training days .( cardio days not so much) Unfortunately I just do not have that kind or time and energy right now. Except the Ab ripper, P90X strength training workouts are not short enough for my current needs.

I also used to do Jillian Michael No more trouble Zones , and I love that one too, but again that workout is 45 minutes, 50 if you do the warmup and almost 55 is you do the full cool down etc. I did Jillian Michael 30 Day shre and 30 day ripped before, but I didn't like that cardio/strength training switching much. Plus the stupid jumping jacks killed my knee, and overall it is just too much cardio for me.

I am a bit clumsy have bad balance, and any kind of dancing type of workout like zumba is out question. I do not want fancy choreography because I will have a hard time to follow. I just want strength training for 30 minutes. I know I could just put together a routine based on any strength training book, but that is boring for me. I am much more motivated if there is a DVD and the routine already set up, I can see how to do it , a person talks to me etc.

Any suggestion?

Replies

• Jillian Micheals Body Revolution has good strength workouts that use dumbbells and resistance bands :) 30-35 mins long
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Jillian Micheals Body Revolution has good strength workouts that use dumbbells and resistance bands :) 30-35 mins long
    Have you did this one?Can you elaborate on it? How long the workout really are? She has a tendency to not count the time of the warmup and the cooldown part when she stating the legth of the workouts. If it is 35 minutes + warmup/cooldwon, then it is really closer to 40 minutes or maybe more.

Also I wonder if the cardio workouts are separated from the strength trainings? Or the workouts more like the 30 day shred with alternating high impact cardio and strength training?
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Look at the programs on theBeFit channel on YouTube or Fitnessblender.com.
  • Jillian Micheals Body Revolution has good strength workouts that use dumbbells and resistance bands :) 30-35 mins long
    Have you did this one?Can you elaborate on it? How long the workout really are? She has a tendency to not count the time of the warmup and the cooldown part when she stating the legth of the workouts. If it is 35 minutes + warmup/cooldwon, then it is really closer to 40 minutes or maybe more.

Also I wonder if the cardio workouts are separated from the strength trainings? Or the workouts more like the 30 day shred with alternating high impact cardio and strength training?

I really enjoyed this workout. There are about 8 different strength workouts in this of varying difficulty, half working on the front of the body and the other half on the back of the body. It has cardio intervals to keep your heart rate up, but they were only about a minute long for maybe 4 intervals scattered throughout the workout max. its not like the 30DS which was much more cardio based. Its a total of 35 minutes max, some are a total of 30 mins.
  • 50racinggirl
    50racinggirl Posts: 96 Member

LOVE fitnessblender.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member

^^^This. Fitnessblender has tons of strength workouts, for upper, lower and total body and they come out with new workouts all the time.

Not sure about finances, but I love Focus T25, the new Shaun T joint. Only 25 mintues.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Jillian Micheals Body Revolution has good strength workouts that use dumbbells and resistance bands :) 30-35 mins long

The picture on this link gives you an idea.........http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/jillian-michaels-body-revolution-phase-1-9196

It's 1 cardio only / 2. cardio-strength / 2. strength.......5 workouts

I really like Kelly Coffey Meyer strength DVDs.........http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/kelly-coffeys-30-min-to-fitness-body-shop-6367

The 30 Minutes to Fitness Series is great. Each DVD has 2 workouts plus lots of pre-mixes to keep it fresh
  • G_RRR
    G_RRR Posts: 53 Member
    Results fitness - 10 days to a better body, these are 2 workouts, like at most 35 mins
  • nuttyduffy
    nuttyduffy Posts: 255 Member
    If you enjoyed P90x what about P90x3? Tony' s New 30 minute workout

I'm just finishing up my second week and loving it :happy:
  • redheadmommy

Thanks for the info! This is awesome! I didn't know Tony made a 30 minute workout. I knew about the old 10 minutes trainer workout, but I do not believe that is enough time to do an meaningful.

May be this is exactly what I need. How does it compare to the P90X? Same awesomeness?
  • JustT1m
    JustT1m Posts: 41 Member
    Yeah I like P90x3 it is a pretty good program only 30mins vs the 60 or so with P90x. I do P90x3 in the morning before work as it is only 30-35 mins. Worth taking a look at if you liked P90x.
  • dianasustaita37
    dianasustaita37 Posts: 58 Member
    Have you checked out Hasfit.com? They really have great workout videos all is free. I love the videos and motivation wall papers.
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    I would also suggest P90X3. I am in week two and I love it! I have never completed P90X but I would say it is very similar. Just a shorter and more up to date version. I am sure you can find infomercials on youtube.
  • nuttyduffy
    nuttyduffy Posts: 255 Member

Thanks for the info! This is awesome! I didn't know Tony made a 30 minute workout. I knew about the old 10 minutes trainer workout, but I do not believe that is enough time to do an meaningful.

May be this is exactly what I need. How does it compare to the P90X? Same awesomeness?

I never completed P90x because it was too long & Tony drove me nuts lol

This new workout is much more suited to me, quick & simple - body parts aren't broken down like in P90x but believe me you can feel the work you're putting in!
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member

I know you got some info answering your questions, but I just wanted to add that I have also done Body Revolution and it's great! Very well rounded and keeps you entertained since you don't do the workouts for too long. If you want a taste, I think that Workout 5 is on youtube, and I know they have bits and pieces of other ones. So that might give you an idea of what it entails. P90X3 looks awesome too, but I would imagine with it being new and in demand, the price of Body Revolution would be a little lower. Oh, and I was happy to see the 30DS girls in there too!
  • redheadmommy
    I know you got some info answering your questions, but I just wanted to add that I have also done Body Revolution and it's great! Very well rounded and keeps you entertained since you don't do the workouts for too long. If you want a taste, I think that Workout 5 is on youtube, and I know they have bits and pieces of other ones. So that might give you an idea of what it entails. P90X3 looks awesome too, but I would imagine with it being new and in demand, the price of Body Revolution would be a little lower. Oh, and I was happy to see the 30DS girls in there too!
    You are definitely right about the $$$
    Back than I got p90X used on kijiji for $40. Since p90x3 is a brand new workout getting it cheap second hand is not an option, I most basic kit with shipping is $140 . Quite pricey!
    Although body revolution isn't exactly cheap either. It is on sale on amazon for $80.