Shins Shoes Form or Feet.

Options
As I sit here with 2 bags of frozen zucchini and squash on my legs, I'm irritated.

I average 2-3 miles a couple times a week (not a hardcore runner due to the weather months, asthma, and family/job/etc). I probably have maybeeee 75-100 miles on my Asics running shoes.

I'm amping up to go for the gusto and do a half marathon in April (...I have 4 hours to complete it! I signed up last April when I had high hopes for myself.....)

So last weekend, I ran 3 miles on Friday, 3 miles on Sunday. My shins were on fire after the second run so I iced them and recovered for the week. The pain starts halfway down on the inner side of my legs.

I ran today in hopes of 4 miles (made 3.89)...I felt like I had concrete blocks for shoes, my legs were dragging. The pain isn't "as" bad...but I don't feel like I did anything. If it weren't for my legs, I could have kept going.

Before I drop more money on shoes I can't afford, how can you really tell if it's the shoes or the operator? Should I try compression sleeves? Maybe it's just muscle pain from amping up my running. I don't really feel like I'm over-exerting......

Replies

• navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Your shoes should be fine at 100 miles. Get a pair of neoprene calf supporters, they should work wonders for you. and at about $20 for a pair they are a heck of a lot cheaper than new kicks.

Rigger
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Thank you!