HELP! i have to pick either hot dog or steak

Options
Hey so for dinner my choices are hot dog or steak with salad. cant decide bc both of them are pretty unhealthy >>which one is healthier?? need quick answers

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Steak without a question, and steak isnt unheathy, its more heathy than a hotdog
  • tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    steak and salad for sure!! Thats not unhealthy! As long as you dont load it with bbq sauce. Dont load your salad with fatty dressings, croutons, cheeses. If your at someone elses house for a BBQ or something i'd say steak and salad would have more nutritional value then a hot dog anyways.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    steak!! that's what I had for supper.
  • mcoombe
    mcoombe Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Steak and stick to about a 4 oz. max portion. ANY TIME this is better than a hot dog! :)
  • stfuandrun
    stfuandrun Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Definitely steak! With lots of salad. Yum!
  • princessmedic
    Options
    steak!!!!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    No question you should eat the steak and just be sure that your portion size is 4-5 oz., as well as avoid the steak sauces. Or you could just eat a very large salad as that was part of the option.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Steak! and 4oz. is about the size of the palm of your hand.
  • raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    Options
    Step AWAY from the processed meat!! :) The steak is way healthier.

I live in Atlanta and there's a billboard outside Turner Stadium that depicts a pack of cigarettes with hotdogs in it. They are apparently carcinogenic. I'm a vegetarian...so was especially amused by the sign.
  • ksabey
    ksabey Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    8 ounces of sirloin steak (which is a double portion) has about the same calories as a hot dog. HOWEVER, the hot dog has 9 more grams of fat and 29 less grams of protein. I agree with what everyone else says...go for the steak!
  • ajsimyan
    ajsimyan Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    most def the steak!!
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Options
    Ewwww! On both! :bigsmile:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    STEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ewww to the Hotdog....eat steak
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    go bovine!! chowing down on the salad (with an oil and vinegar or light dressing) is just a bonus after noshing on the nice, juicy, yummy cow. :)

why would you think eating steak and salad isn't the healthy option? is there something about the way it is being fixed that we don't know about?
  • xcbballuver
    Options
    okayy steak it is :} thanks everyone~ and im at my own house but thats all there is.. and dont worry when i eat steak and salad i never put dressing on it anymore haha XD my salads usually consists of iceberg lettuce,tomatoes, cucumbers etc
  • xcbballuver
    Options
    go bovine!! chowing down on the salad (with an oil and vinegar or light dressing) is just a bonus after noshing on the nice, juicy, yummy cow. :)

why would you think eating steak and salad isn't the healthy option? is there something about the way it is being fixed that we don't know about?

no its just plain mostly. i just uh thought steak was bad for u because its a red meat? and my coach told us that we should only eat it like once a week and i already had some 3 days ago
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    STEAK!!! Have you ever seen how much Sodium is in a hot dog... ewww
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Just make sure its a lean cut of steak.....I only eat filet mignon and trim it of all fat (usuallly not to much on that type anyway) and weigh the steak.....you'd be surprised what 4 oz actually is.......
  • lilscuder
    lilscuder Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I buy HOFFY N/Fat Hot Dogs. They are good. I just add the usual topppings. A four ounce Filet Migion streak is the leanest cut. More filling, and have some nice steamed veggies.Giant has some frozen steamed ones. 1/2 bake potatoe no butter I rubbed the outside of the skin with different seasons of Avacado Oil, and bake. The flavor is soaked up, and it taste really good. :smile:
  • hawkeyeboy
    Options
    was there a question there?--- hello!:laugh: javascript:add_smiley('laugh','post_body')