Sworkit Pro

Options
I recently dowloaded Sworkit Pro. I think it's a pretty awesome app and it has been kicking my butt, however I wasn't sure how accurate the calorie readings are that it logs into myfitness pal. They seem a little on the high side. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Replies

• Sworkit
    Sworkit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there, creator of Sworkit here so hopefully I can answer your question. I can address the setting of weight and how it fits into the calculations, as well as full detail on how we calculate the calories burned.

For the free version of Sworkit is set at a standard 150 lbs. In the Pro version in the 'More' - 'Settings' screen, for a more accurate calculation, you can set your weight or even sync it weekly from MyFitnessPal.

For the calculations (also could be considered 'estimates'), it is:
    kilograms * secondsCompleted * burnValue

Kilograms is your weight in lbs divided by 2.2
    secondsCompleted is total number of minutes completed divided by 60.0
    burnValue is a weighted value based on the difficulty of the activity

Important: Like all workout apps and calculators you would see, variations in the true calories burned depend on your actual level of effort performed on each individual exercise.

We base our 'burnValue' (how difficult the collection of exercises are in general) on industry standards that have been tested to match MyFitnessPal calculations as close as possible. Here is the break down for Sworkit workout categories:

"Full Body": "7", "Upper Body": "6", "Core Strength": "6", "Lower Body": "6", "Stretching Only": "4", "Back Strength": "5", "Anything Goes": "5", "Sun Salutation": "5", "Full Sequence Yoga": "4","Boot Camp": "7", "Cardio -Full Intensity": "8", "Bring the Pain": "8", "Custom Workouts": "6","Head to Toe Stretching": "4", "Cardio - Light Intensity": "5", "7 Minute Workout" : "7"

You can actually test different expected calories burned scenarios at http://sworkit.com/burn

Custom workouts are the hardest because we are not currently looking at every single exercise chosen. This will change in the future.

Hopefully you find that these are pretty close to the readings you would get if you input them to MyFitnessPal directly. If not, let us know and we are open to looking into these calculations more closely to ensure you get the best experience and best data possible.

Hope that helps. Thank you so very much for the kind words about Sworkit. We are delighted to be kicking your butt.

TLDR; Make sure you have your weight set in Settings and to work your hardest (and safest) to get the most out of every workout. Keep crushing it.

Embrace the Sweat.

-Ryan
    Sworkit
  • mitso874
    mitso874 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering the same thing, then I checked my settings (something I never touched) and saw my weight was set to 1540 lbs! Yeah... that's not right... Haha!