Great alternative for Ice cream lovers!

Options

Replies

• graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    AWWW, I don't mean to be a hater, but that sounds like just a ton of processed carbs and sugar. Especially in the graham crackers....pretty much anything considered "reduced fat" is filled back out with extra sugar. I'd rather have a scoop of regular ice cream, or a small real ice cream sandwich. :-)
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Simonereneein! Why you bring this post back to life!?!?

SMH

Might as well go for the roll now to rid it from our recent topics list.

Everybody, back in for a few posts!
    tumblr_mzalinlDja1sz59s2o1_500.gif
  • CatWhitethorne
    CatWhitethorne Posts: 2 Member
    Options
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

SMH

tumblrljo8s8xnik1qj0zk3.gif
  • cdfitness200
    cdfitness200 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow. A lot of you are harsh! The poster obviously wanted to share something good she discovered to be nice. If you'd rather eat ice cream then fine. Why must you blast someone for liking an alternative? Unless you have something nice or helpful, why post a response? Just carry on and let her be. Sheesh! Go ahead, bash me if you must to make yourself feel better. By the way, I love using a frozen banana blended in my food processor with peanut butter. That is my ice cream alternative. :-)

^^^^ Agreed. Thanks to the original poster for sharing a good idea. While some people may just prefer to eat a smaller quantity of the real thing, some people get satisfaction from a larger portion, which these allow for. I discovered these sandwiches years ago, when I was on weight watchers, and I thought they were great! Don't let bullies deter you from sharing ideas.... we all do things that are "unhealthy" and if you have found a lower calorie version of a treat that may not be the healthiest, but it helps you to consume less calories, and reach your ultimate weight loss goal, I say more power to ya! Please keep sharing good ideas and don't let bullies deter you!

LOLZ at "bullies" ...so telling someone that it is OK to eat real ice cream is being a "bully"....suuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeee

No, I do not think it is bullying to point out to the lady that the health benefits of cool whip may not be any better than ice cream. As others have pointed out, this is useful information she may not know, and sharing that in a respectful manner is exactly the reason forums exist.

However, the condescending, smart-*kitten*, holier-than-thou attitude of a lot of the posters, is what I was referring to as "bullying". Apparently, my post struck a nerve with you, but I haven't read all of your comments to know whether yours were the kind I was referring to. I didn't single anyone out, and I think it is pretty obvious from reading them, which posts are derogatory and rude, and who is disagreeing just to bully. It is also easy to tell which people are simply trying to convey information (which is completely fine).

So, to anyone who provided helpful information, but wasn't rude about it, my comments shouldn't offend you. I think people are trying to stand up for a person who was just sharing something that might help us all. It is annoying to see someone be attacked and basically called an idiot for sharing an opinion that actually might help others, which is the point of a forum.

so you did not read all the comments in the thread, but then made a blanket statement about everyone being bullies? how unjudgmental of you....

No - I did read them - I just didn't memorize which were yours. But assuming I didn't read every comment in the thread, which is not exactly a requirement to comment in a thread, there ARE plenty of mean and nasty comments in perusing through just the first few pages, to which my statement apply. I didn't say everyone here was a bully, and in fact, said the opposite - that there is nothing wrong with respectful comments, even if they disagree with the OP. Again, I didn't single anyone out, and if my comment does not apply to your statement, then why are you getting so bent out of shape? Don't worry about it if it doesnt apply to you. And if it does, then I stand by what I say. People bullying this woman are rude.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

SMH

tumblrljo8s8xnik1qj0zk3.gif

giphy.gif
    ... Maybe
  • ibleedunionblue
    ibleedunionblue Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Reading through this thread amuses the heck out of me. Typical internet forum bullies, and a bunch of lemmings piling on.

For the record, I love ice cream and I also enjoy a spoon full of frozen fat free cool whip. And a spoon full of frozen cool whip on a graham cracker sounds like an enjoyable treat. It also tastes great mixed in and thickening some SF / FF banana pudding and banana slices.

As for those dreadful "chemicals" - good luck trying to avoid them. This comes from a person with an education in Environmental Science. If you only knew what you were exposed to each and every day. Cool whip is the least of your concerns.
  • baseballtogo
    Options
    I fond a good alternative its kemps fat free frozen yogurt has 90 cals per serv 75 mg sodium and 19g carbs taste like frozen yoo hoo lol
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Reading through this thread amuses the heck out of me. Typical internet forum bullies, and a bunch of lemmings piling on.

Oh, look. It's a typical "mean people" comment disguised as taking the high road while calling vaguely identified groups of people names.
  • ibleedunionblue
    ibleedunionblue Posts: 324 Member
    Options

Oh, look. It's a typical "mean people" comment disguised as taking the high road while calling vaguely identified groups of people names.

Yawn.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

For the record, I love ice cream and I also enjoy a spoon full of frozen fat free cool whip. And a spoon full of frozen cool whip on a graham cracker sounds like an enjoyable treat. It also tastes great mixed in and thickening some SF / FF banana pudding and banana slices.

As for those dreadful "chemicals" - good luck trying to avoid them. This comes from a person with an education in Environmental Science. If you only knew what you were exposed to each and every day. Cool whip is the least of your concerns.

thanks, lemming
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Wow. A lot of you are harsh! The poster obviously wanted to share something good she discovered to be nice. If you'd rather eat ice cream then fine. Why must you blast someone for liking an alternative? Unless you have something nice or helpful, why post a response? Just carry on and let her be. Sheesh! Go ahead, bash me if you must to make yourself feel better. By the way, I love using a frozen banana blended in my food processor with peanut butter. That is my ice cream alternative. :-)

^^^^ Agreed. Thanks to the original poster for sharing a good idea. While some people may just prefer to eat a smaller quantity of the real thing, some people get satisfaction from a larger portion, which these allow for. I discovered these sandwiches years ago, when I was on weight watchers, and I thought they were great! Don't let bullies deter you from sharing ideas.... we all do things that are "unhealthy" and if you have found a lower calorie version of a treat that may not be the healthiest, but it helps you to consume less calories, and reach your ultimate weight loss goal, I say more power to ya! Please keep sharing good ideas and don't let bullies deter you!

LOLZ at "bullies" ...so telling someone that it is OK to eat real ice cream is being a "bully"....suuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeee

No, I do not think it is bullying to point out to the lady that the health benefits of cool whip may not be any better than ice cream. As others have pointed out, this is useful information she may not know, and sharing that in a respectful manner is exactly the reason forums exist.

However, the condescending, smart-*kitten*, holier-than-thou attitude of a lot of the posters, is what I was referring to as "bullying". Apparently, my post struck a nerve with you, but I haven't read all of your comments to know whether yours were the kind I was referring to. I didn't single anyone out, and I think it is pretty obvious from reading them, which posts are derogatory and rude, and who is disagreeing just to bully. It is also easy to tell which people are simply trying to convey information (which is completely fine).

So, to anyone who provided helpful information, but wasn't rude about it, my comments shouldn't offend you. I think people are trying to stand up for a person who was just sharing something that might help us all. It is annoying to see someone be attacked and basically called an idiot for sharing an opinion that actually might help others, which is the point of a forum.

what i got from this is that you apparently can call anything you want "bullying" whether it fits the actual definition of bullying or not and that you believe you have the authority to not only determine for everyone which comments are helpful but also to say what we have the right to be offended about. that seems like a strange tack to take, but if it works for you, who am i to judge?
  • kickivale
    kickivale Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"

-experienced awesome grandmas everywhere
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Nope, not grandma. That's actually a Disney quote. From Bambi.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    wow, miss a few days of a thread.... and it looks all the other threads! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Missed my chance to be lumped in as a lemming and/or a bully and/or holier-than-thou.
  • kickivale
    kickivale Posts: 260 Member
    Options

Thumper is a genius.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Not to be pedantic, but that was actually the admonition of Thumper's dad, as reminded by Thumper's mother.

So this advice is specifically for fictional humanized juvenile cartoon rabbits...

...and obviously applicable to HSPs in internet forums.
  • Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    My favorite alternative... sugar free pudding in an ice cream cone! One of those little pre-packaged vanilla, jello sugar free cups in a regular ice cream cone (not a sugar wafer type cone) is a great 90 calorie (or less!) treat. Simple, no sugar alternative to ice cream for us diabetics (and former diabetics)!
  • bradXdale
    Options
    Here's an ice cream sandwich cake recipe

http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2012/08/ice-cream-sandwich-cake.html

Must make this. Must have it fit macros. Must devour.....salivating commence

Now there's drool everywhere.

Why did I come to this thread?

What is life without ice cream?

zjfnl3.jpg