its ok to eat 2000 calories and burn 1100 calories perday ??

Options
its ok to eat 2000 calories and burn 1100 calories perday ??

Replies

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    no
  • LeahFerri
    LeahFerri Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Maybe if you're incredibly obese, but otherwise, definitely not. Net 900 = not okay without close medical supervision.
  • jcorpern
    jcorpern Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    In general, if you have the body fat to support it, the answer would be yes. How tall are you and how much do you weigh? You don't want to be in a position of having to sacrifice lean body mass to support your BMR+TDEE, but if you have the fat readily available, then you will lose weight safely. If you're truly burning 1100 calories a day (how are you computing this?) then you'd need significant fat stores to make sure that it was a safe course. How tall are you and how much do you weigh?
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I would start by logging everything in your diary, thats weighing and measuring everything you eat or drink and all of your exercise. Once you do that you may get a better idea of what you are actually eating and how much you might be burning (beware of overestimated calorie burns)

Edited to say that I think the net 900 calories is a bad idea but as you havent logged anything in your diary as far as I can see there is no way to tell how accurate those numbers are
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Burning 1100 calories a day is incredibly hard to do, not to mention that's alot of strain on the body, especially if you are new to exercise. Also, if you were to do that, you would only be netting 900 calories, which is not healthy, nor sustainable.

Follow your MFP goal, log consistently.