Carry calories over

Since your body isn't exactly going to change at midnight, it would seem reasonable that every now and then you could save some calories for the following day if you knew you were going out to dinner for example. Is there any reason I shouldn't do this (only say once every 2 weeks)?

Thanks

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    I always look at my nutrition for the past 7 days, not just today.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Go ahead and do it! I ate a few hundred calories under goal for the first three days this week so I could have dinners with friends yesterday and today.
  • Cyndesire
    Cyndesire Posts: 56 Member
    It's called calorie cycling. I think it is a good idea. If you know you will be going over you can plan ahead or if you slip go under the next couple days. Good luck.
  • jcorpern
    jcorpern Posts: 96 Member
    You're right that your body doesn't recognize the time change at midnight. In general, if you're weighing yourself once weekly on the same day every week, you should be able to consider your calorie pool as a weekly (i.e. 1500 calories daily = 10,500 calories weekly). At the end of the week, if your calorie deficity is 3500 calories, you should lose 1 pound of fat.
  • lmd_1979
    lmd_1979 Posts: 130
    This is interesting as I have had several days where I have been under my intake by a couple of hundred calories even more. Does that mean I can use these at the weekend for drinking?