SCA? Jane Austen Society? Regency Era? Anyone out there?

Options
Greetings!

I've been on here for a month now and I'm looking to add to my friends with similar interests in hobbies and also wishing to loose weight and help be motivated while motivating.

If you are in the Society for Creative Anacronism, The Jane Austen Society, or like the Regency Era, please look me up and I'd be glad to have more friends and to chat!

Heather

Replies

• spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    Greetings! I am an anachronism (so I am told) I love Jane Austen and I really enjoy the regency style of furnishings other than that, at this point I am not sure that we are friend match by your quite particular standards. Mostly because my take on each of the above subjects I am guessing is not quite the same as yours. That not withstanding, welcome to MFP. I don't know what SCA means but good for you and as you were! Hope you get all that you need ffrom this site. It truly is wonderfful and quite a supportive way to start a journey! Have a lovely day:}
  • Kresent
    Kresent Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm not a SCA member but I haven't missed Estrella War for years. A lot of us get together for probably one of the best camping weeks known to man.
  • Flora_Delirus
    Options
    I'm always willing to take people as friends who are just willing to cheer me on and be cheered on by me. :)

I just figured I'd look among our large group of MFP people and see if anyone had similar interests in hobbies :)

SCA is a world wide not-for-profit group called Society for Creative Anacronism. We research and try to recreate the better aspects of the middle ages from 600 to 1600 AD - from any country that had contact with Europe between those dates.

My big kick lately is Regency Era things such as Jane Austen books and the clothing, etc.

Heather
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    Very cool and thanks for the explanation! :drinker: