Yikes! I over ate big time today!

Options
Help! I overate by 780 calories today. I have done so well with my fitness and eating this week. I don't have time to work out tonight. Is this day going to negatively effect my weight loss??? Any advice on what to do is greatly appreciated!

Replies

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Take a really deep breath and move on to tomorrow. If you're really all that worked up about it, try being a little under the next few days, but really-you'll be fine. I promise. 780 cals is nothing-you're not going to instantly gain 164950575 pounds. Chances are you're really 2 or 300 over maintenance-which means at the absolute worst you'll lose .085 lbs less than you might have this week.
  • kelerin
    kelerin Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I was in a bit of a panic. Deep breathing now!
  • ashbee03
    ashbee03 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much! Sometimes I'll eat good everyday and be under by like 300cals. So I figure 300 cals times 6 days is 1800 cals I could have eaten and been fine. So if I take one day and over eat, it evens out. As long as you jump back on the horse tomorrow and start fresh!
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Breathe. Here I was all nervous that I may have eaten 200-300 calories over because I'm not sure how my friend made the mac & cheese we had for dinner but you have reminded me that in the long run it isn't a huge deal. Just continue to eat right in the future.