I DID IT! And didn't count a single calorie... (PICS)

Options
1235»

Replies

• eugovogue
    Options

Ha. I knew some self righteous internet dweller would find something to snark about here
    Luckily it says more about you than me
    Cheers

Actually......

Coming into a Internet forum created specifically for people that are counting calories to lose weight to say "Nyah Nyah, I didn't count any calories and look at how great I look" sort of makes you the self righteous Internet dweller.

You look great, and how you lost weight is your choice, but for people that have more than 8-10 pounds to lose, counting calories is a proven method that has worked in case after case after case.

*DING DING DING*

This is pretty much what you did with this post, OP

neener-neener-o.gif

ETA: you do look great, OP, and congrats on your success. You achieved it the same way as the rest of us: a calorie deficit. You just happened to not count yours.

You're projecting. All I did with this post was share my success in the success story section. I had a certain goal and tailored my methods to fit what was most comfortable to me. By no means was I trying to say "HEY LOOK AT ME LOSERS! I DIDN'T COUNT A THING." I added a different narrative to the fitness zeitgeist: you CAN lose weight without having to obsessively count calories. This site, i thought, was for a diverse set of people with diverse goal. My 23 year old goal was to lose my college pounds and get back to a size 4/6, which coincides with a 10lbs or more weight loss. Ok, so now somehow because I'm young and I didn't have much to lose, my journey is considered null or even more, bragging

Give me a break. ANYONE who found negativity in this post was looking for it. Confirmation bias. Dare i say they are actually probably insecure, and are upset that I didn't have to count a thing and they did. This is justifiable anger. But it's a PERSONAL problem, not my problem. I will not be made to feel like I'm showboating or bragging or doing it the wrong way because there is a collective (mis)understanding that there is ONE way to do it. There simply isn't. EveryBODY is different.

Simply put: get over it. People WILL do things differently. It adds to the diversity of life. And if it upsets you, you have thin skin and have your own personal self work to do.

And thank you so much to all those with inquiring minds or encouraging words. Luckily there are more of you than the anklebiters.

I will not be apologetic for sharing my success, for my use of MFP for my OWN needs, and for my way of doing things. I plan to keep losing weight and keep doing it on my own terms. If that angers you, stop clicking on and replying to my posts. These arbitrary MFP rules of the road bull crap is an advent of simple minds with too much time on their hands.
  • rosebud233
    rosebud233 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You also gave good advice for weight loss.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Ha. I knew some self righteous internet dweller would find something to snark about here
    Luckily it says more about you than me
    Cheers

Actually......

Coming into a Internet forum created specifically for people that are counting calories to lose weight to say "Nyah Nyah, I didn't count any calories and look at how great I look" sort of makes you the self righteous Internet dweller.

You look great, and how you lost weight is your choice, but for people that have more than 8-10 pounds to lose, counting calories is a proven method that has worked in case after case after case.

*DING DING DING*

This is pretty much what you did with this post, OP

neener-neener-o.gif

ETA: you do look great, OP, and congrats on your success. You achieved it the same way as the rest of us: a calorie deficit. You just happened to not count yours.

You're projecting. All I did with this post was share my success in the success story section. I had a certain goal and tailored my methods to fit what was most comfortable to me. By no means was I trying to say "HEY LOOK AT ME LOSERS! I DIDN'T COUNT A THING." I added a different narrative to the fitness zeitgeist: you CAN lose weight without having to obsessively count calories. This site, i thought, was for a diverse set of people with diverse goal. My 23 year old goal was to lose my college pounds and get back to a size 4/6, which coincides with a 10lbs or more weight loss. Ok, so now somehow because I'm young and I didn't have much to lose, my journey is considered null or even more, bragging

Give me a break. ANYONE who found negativity in this post was looking for it. Confirmation bias. Dare i say they are actually probably insecure, and are upset that I didn't have to count a thing and they did. This is justifiable anger. But it's a PERSONAL problem, not my problem. I will not be made to feel like I'm showboating or bragging or doing it the wrong way because there is a collective (mis)understanding that there is ONE way to do it. There simply isn't. EveryBODY is different. To get butthurt over the fact that I didn't have to count calories or weigh my food only advertises your own bigoted mind.

Simply put: get the **** over it. People WILL do things differently. It adds to the diversity of life. And if it upsets you, you have thin skin and have your own personal self work to do.

And thank you so much to all those with inquiring minds or encouraging words. Luckily there are more of you than the anklebiters.

I will not be apologetic for sharing my success, for my use of MFP for my OWN needs, and for my way of doing things. I plan to keep losing weight and keep doing it on my own terms. If that angers you, stop clicking on and replying to my posts. These arbitrary MFP rules of the road bull crap is an advent of simple minds with too much time on their hands.

You seem upset bro. Maybe you should just relax and return to not counting calories on the website based around counting calories. Which kind of makes me wonder what, if anything, you used the site for aside from posting your success story.
  • accokeekjudi
    accokeekjudi Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Too sweet! Great job reaching your goal!!
  • sassymc86
    sassymc86 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    you look incredible!
  • LouLouLemons
    Options
    Some people have big fitness goals to reach and others may have smaller ones. Big or small it's still HARD WORK! Congratulations on your victory, you look amazing (before and after).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!