G-o-o-o-o-o-a-l !!!!

Options
millerll
millerll Posts: 873 Member
I did it! I hit my goal weight this morning! That makes 40 pounds lost in 8 months. I'm so chuffed I can't stand myself. I never thought I'd make it, but I did. I just stuck to the guidelines on this site, worked out hard in the gym, and used some self-control, and it works. It really does.

Unfortunately, I'm no good at uploading photos, but my profile has a picture taken of me this morning. It's the last picture in the bottom row - I'm on the multi-colored shirt and jeans. Sorry about the pose, but I was clowning around with a co-worker celebrating my goal and striking silly bodybuilding poses and she snapped my picture. For the record, that's a carrot stick in my mouth! I've had a lot of those this year, ya know? :laugh:

Keep with it - don't give up! Keep finding new challenges for yourself and go out there and prove to yourself just how strong you really are. Run an extra minute, burn another 50 cals on the elliptical, add another 10 pounds to that set. You can do it! :drinker:

PS - Now what? :wink:

Replies

• classyleo77
    classyleo77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! That is so awesome.
  • Phin
    Phin Posts: 7
    Options
    YAY!!!!!! good job that is amazing!
  • nursee67
    Options
    Good for you! Enjoy your success!
  • themyriadthings
    themyriadthings Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an inspiration! Your hard work and determination has paid off - congratulations and bask in the glory of a job well done, you deserve it!!
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    PS - Now what? :wink:

CONGRATS!!! I hit my goal yesterday, so I know how you feel! (I, however, don't have camera-happy friends, which is a good thing, I think....)

At the beginning of all of this, I set my mind on doing a mini-triathlon next summer, so now that I've hit my goal weight I can focus solely on making sure my body has what it needs energy-wise to really train well. I'm thinking of maybe doing a 5k run next month as a "mini-goal" for my exercise program. I guess once we hit one goal we just have to set another, and another, and another!
  • VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look fabulous...and I needed some inspiration today! Great job!
  • michellemae24
    michellemae24 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your hard work!!!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,013 Member
    Options
    Congrats. you look great/ Glad to see all your hard work paid off. Enjoy the new you
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    How EXCITING!!!! Thanks so much for sharing - you're a rock star!
  • tammylober
    Options
    Woo hoo! WTG!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Just looked at your pics - you're a STUD!!! I want those guns!!!!!! :)
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Good for you, you went for gold and you got it! Congratulations, and enjoy your hard work. Treat yourself to a massage, or a manicure or a pedicure or a facial

What the heck, get all of them, you earned them!
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!!!
  • Robin42
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this! I REALLY needed to read this right now. I will stick with it, too. Thanks for giving us a little of your strength! You rock!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Congrats on reaching your goal! You look great! Enjoy your ease into maintenance.

And btw, you have long beautiful hair!! :love: Makes me wish I hadn't chopped mine all off.
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Bwa ha ha! I love the carrot! And congrats!!!
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    great job! you look awesome!
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - job well done!
  • Sumatra
    Sumatra Posts: 181
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! You look fantastic! I love the pose:), looks like something I would do too. Good job on sticking with it and accomplishing your goal! Very inspirational to see such success. I'm sure you will have no problem maintaining! Thanks for sharing your success, I love to read good success stories!
  • ajax62605
    Options
    Great Job.... Congratulations.... I am very excited for you... I am on my journey still and have a ways to go but stories like yours keeps me motivated to stick with it...

Down 25 pounds and have 40 more to go.... How long did it take you to lose your 40lbs?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!