Uneven belly fat?

Options
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums and weight loss.. I posted another thread the other day about myself and some questions about my 1200 calorie a day diet, but I have a new question.. I attempted to take some "before" pictures of my body, but hated them of course so I decided not to post lol. But while taking these pictures I noticed that my belly fat is very strangely uneven. the left side of my stomach hangs over much more than my right side. Is this normal? I've never had any kind of surgery or anything, just gave birth but I believe it was like this even before my pregnancy. It's pretty drastic, if I take a picture of the left side of my stomach it seems that my "pooch" hangs over a good 2-3 inches *sigh*.. but my right side picture u can see my hip and it's just a little lump, barely any fat hanging over.. it is also noticeable from the front. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm feeling pretty odd right now lol

Replies

• palmirana
    palmirana Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Since I started losing weight (and working out), the upper right part of my belly is "rounder" or larger than the left upper part and the left lower part is larger/rounder than the right lower part.... it looks odd but I trust that it too shall pass:flowerforyou:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I don't think uneven fat distribution is abnormal. If you've never noticed it before, perhaps it's "recent" weight gain, which *might* mean that it will be the quickest to come off. I honestly wouldn't worry about it- If you focus on losing fat and exercising it will most likely even itself out when you lose the fat you want.

IF you notice along the way that you also have significantly different strength on one side versus the other, there are ways you can try and even that out with specific exercises- but I wouldn't assume that you have uneven strength at this point. Uneven strength wouldn't cause uneven fat distribution (look at professional tennis player's arms for proof).