phetermine?

Options
Has anyone been on phentermine 37.5 capsules? My doctor recommended them to me being that I have about 50 lbs to lose and when I do the research on it it does seem like something that could work for me. I no it's not a magic pill and I have to still diet and exercise while using them but I need SOMETHING to curve my appetite I feel so hungry all the time! Anyway I was just seeing if anyone has took them if so what were your results on them? Thank you !

Replies

• audie517
    Options
    Hi! I have taken them before. I started with a half tablet at first as stimulants make me really jittery and anxious. Like you said it's not a magic pill but it does help with suppressing hunger! I felt way less hungry in general when I was on them and sometimes I'd not want to eat at all (which is highly unusual for me). You can always give it a try for a couple weeks and see how it works for you :)
  • overcominglazy
    overcominglazy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    50lbs is not really that much to lose as far as I'm concerned. If you need to suppress your appetite because you're hungry all the time there's either something wrong metabolically or the way you eat is completely skewed. If you're eating a sensible amount (not the rock bottom 1200) consisting of all the food groups in their appropriate amounts you should really not be hungry all the time.

Common side effects (from wikipedia):

Xerostomia (dry mouth)
    Restlessness
    Nervousness
    Euphoria
    Agitation
    Arrhythmia
    Tachycardia
    Hypertension
    Diarrhea
    Vomiting
    Headache
    Rash
    Urinary frequency
    Facial oedema
    Unpleasant taste
    Urticaria
    Impotence
    Changes in libido

Why would you deal with that if you didn't have to? Also suppressing hunger just means that you won't be able to listen to your body's cues properly on when and how much to eat when you're smaller so you could put weight back on.
  • shelbel0803
    Options
    Hi! I have taken them before. I started with a half tablet at first as stimulants make me really jittery and anxious. Like you said it's not a magic pill but it does help with suppressing hunger! I felt way less hungry in general when I was on them and sometimes I'd not want to eat at all (which is highly unusual for me). You can always give it a try for a couple weeks and see how it works for you :)

Thank you! Yes it's worth a try I guess!!