Bush Walking

Options
Does anyone here include bush walking as their main cardio activity? I just moved to an area with a lot of tracks and checked on out. It was a bit strenuous in the heat but I can see how walking in the bush, climbing over logs, scrabbling over rocks etc.. would be a good workout. Much better than walking a straight pathway.
I made a vid of part of the walk I did today. I think this could become a "thing" :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRHsQQSSmcQ

Replies

• davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    It looks like it would be good for you. The paths where I am are not like this but they are up and down and I'm sure it is very good for you. You live in a lovely part of the world :-)
  • Binky_Muffin
    Binky_Muffin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I walked a 5k trail (on very soft snow) in the bush last weekend. This walk was extremely challenging. I added 30% to my calculation to estimate calories burned. I'm an avid runner and walking this 5k trail felt like I ran 15k.

If you feel like you worked harder walking through bush than walking on a road, it may not hurt to add 15% to 20% to your estimate.

I love living in the boreal forest (Canada). The only issue I have is our 8 months of winter. LOL. Oh well…gotta make the best of it. :)