Lumpy Stomach... Good or bad?

Options
Hi, not sure if I've posted in the right place, but anyway. I recently changed my workout and started at the gym a month ago. Have noticed my stomach has gone all lumpy and uneven. Has anyone else had experience of this? Is it a good thing, or a bad thing? I.e. saggy skin?

Replies

• ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    When we gain weight, we stretch out our skin, So it's a good idea to not only just go on a diet but to work out as well, so when you shrink, you don't have a big pouch hanging afterwards, you are not going to get rid of that pouch quite so easily, I'm afraid, fat burns away, but the skin will take more time to shrink back,
    I had this foresight, and the bottom of my belly is still have about 2-3 inch of saggier skin. not too bad, but it's going away slowly. I think it serves as a good reminder for my overweight days.
  • FlabFighter86
    FlabFighter86 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. I guess it means I have to work harder to shift the fat then.
  • FindingMyPerfection
    FindingMyPerfection Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    When your body goes into its fat stores the fat becomes squishy because of increased blood flow. This is a good thing and showed you are well on your way.
  • FlabFighter86
    Options
    Great! Hope it disappears soon then :smile:
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Yes, I remember going through this stage. I think it disappeared after about two weeks.
  • FlabFighter86
    Options
    Have had it for a week or so already. I guess mine might take a little longer. There is a lot of fat there.
  • FindingMyPerfection
    FindingMyPerfection Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    It will be soft and squishy till you can feel the muscle through the fat. I have been squishy for 4 months and am now starting to feel the firm upper abs but the lower is still there. Have about 15 lbs to go to goal and hopefully that will do the trick.