Options
1235»

Replies

• LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    a measuring cup is 250 ml, or 8 oz.

^^This for liquids.

Everything else should always be weighed to make it more accurate.
    i.e. 1 cup of Peanut Butter is not going to weigh the same as 1 cup of blueberries; hence everything else should always be weighed.

Hope this helps :flowerforyou:
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    A cup is a standard unit of measure in the imperial system. It's what the UK used to use before they switched over to the metric system (a process which, by the way, took nearly 200 years and they were not fully converted until 1975) and which is still used by the US. It is a unit of liquid measure equivalent to 250ml. For things like this, really, you should be using Google. Asking "how much is a cup" is the sort of thing internet searches were made for. And they won't get you snarky results like asking "WHAT IS THIS UNIT OF MEASURE" in a public forum.
  • Kayzia_M
    Kayzia_M Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    IMG_4075.JPG

sure I did the picture right if not go to this site

http://www.sensiblebite.com/2013/02/how-big-is-serving-of-rice.html

eventually we will all have to get used to eating outside the house without the use of the scale it makes sense to start early and learn what a real serving is I personally like visuals so I can compare it to something
    like another poster said a cup is roughly the size of your fist unless you have man hands (which I do) but it is an approximate

This helped a lot. thank you
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    And, maybe you can measure things out at home as you are making your lunch for work too.

I do this. I measure out my foods the night before or in the morning before heading to work. It makes it much easier for me to get the accuracy (whether it be weighing or using measurements). When I do have something at work that isn't pre-portioned, I do estimate or look up the item (example, a certain brand of something that is measured individually, such as cookie).