Breakfast!

Options
I'm getting very bored with mine, but I'm stuck for ideas, I need some inspiration & was wondering what you guys have for No.1 meal of the day? ?

Replies

• solrak1969
    solrak1969 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Two slices of butterball turkey bacon, on an english muffin with a dash of tabasco sauce. 200 calories.
  • vickthedick
    vickthedick Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Sargento Reduced Fat Cheese - Provolone Sliced Cheese, 1 slice-50 calories
    Egg Beaters - Original, 0.5 cup -60 calories
    Thomas bagel thin-110 calories

220 calorie breakfast sandwich that is twice the flavor with half the calories of a slippery egg mcmuffin
  • vickthedick
    vickthedick Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Sargento Reduced Fat Cheese - Provolone Sliced Cheese, 1 slice-50 calories
    Egg Beaters - Original, 0.5 cup -60 calories
    Thomas bagel thin-110 calories

220 calorie breakfast sandwich that is twice the flavor with half the calories of a slippery egg mcmuffin
  • jnblount
    Options
    Thomas bagel thin with one wedge of Laughing Cow cheese - 145 calories
  • crozza
    Options
    I have a poached egg on a crumpet = 157 calories
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    What do you normally have for breakfast?

1 cup Kashi Honey Puffed cereal - 120 calories
    1 cup 1% MF Milk - 110 calories

Total = 230 calories.. I usually add in some strawberries or blueberries or both and that adds about 50 calories or so. So a good breakfast for under 300 calories.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a "normally" breakfast, but what I had this morning for breakfast was: Weetabix (with milk & cinnamon) warmed in the microwave - add some raisins and almonds. A yogurt and a coffee.

Overall, it's about 339 calories, but has all the food groups in it and means I'm ready for lunch as my next meal as I don't have a sugar spike mid morning.

But I was watching something on television last night and the nutritionist recommended a soup for breakfast. Clear broth and lots of veggies - not your normal breakfast fare, but it will warm you up. Is easy to reheat, eat on the run, gives you lots of vitamins and minerals. I might try this next week - I'll make the soup over the weekend and see how it goes. My goal for meals is to have a meal with a fruit and two meals with two servings of veggies every day (so I guarantee I get my 5-10 daily), so the soup could be one of my veggie meals and I could do fruit with lunch instead.

If you're looking for something different, you could do worse :P
  • Ellem86
    Ellem86 Posts: 204
    Options
    I have a *big* breakfast full of protein: 2 poached eggs on 1 slice of wholemeal bread and 2% natural organic yogurt topped with 1 tbsp honey and 60g blueberries. 405 calories, 21g protein.

If I'm rushed I substitute the egg on toast for 50g chocolate weetabix minis and 125 ml skimmed milk. That's 100 calories more.
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Karelian pie with cheese on it.
  • Kevster75
    Options
    My usual breakfast is muesli, with either blueberries and/or banana and/or strawberries.... with a nice dollop of natural no fat yoghurt... adding honey and cinnamon makes this *such* a tasty breakfast...
    I have about 180g of muesli - which means this is about 600cals in total.

Cut down a bit on the muesli and it's not so calorific - and maybe use skimmed milk (I use semi) but it fills me up for the entire morning! (When calories are needed!)
    I've never been one for snacking really - but I don't feel any hunger til at least midday.
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    I usually have the normal 3/4 cup of cereal with skim milk. My favorite cereals are Blueberry Morning, Special K Chocolatey Delight, and Honeynut Crunch with Almonds. My favorite breakfast is when my husband makes me an egg and cheese muffin: 1 egg, 1 slice of 2% American cheese and a smart start 100 calorie english muffin. YUM!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I alternate between 2 scrambled eggs mixed in with cheese grits for around 300 calories and an activia light yogurt mixed with 3/4 cup of blueberries and 1/2 cup trader joes granola & 3 berries for just under 300 calories.
  • PhoebeM
    Options
    Here are some of my common breakfasts. I know its suppose to be the biggest of the day, but its my smallest!

2 fried eggs

oatmeal

cereal, healthy kinds

if i'm really hungry i make my own breakfast sandwich, 2 whole wheat toast with a bit of butter, inside i have a fried egg, a slice of cheese and a bit of ketchup. Total 465 calories.

i find a breakfast high in protein keeps me not hungry until lunch time...
  • Cathy025
    Options
    1/2 a cucumber w/balsamic vinaigrette. or chopped up apple w/a splenda packet.
  • reojames
    Options
    I have oatmeal with one tablespoon of cocoa and 3/4 cup of blueberries. Yummy! Only a little more than 200 calories and good for you, too! Keeps me going til my mid-morning snack.
  • crazybxrmom
    crazybxrmom Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I usually make a breakfast burrito..I use La tortilla small wraps, they are 50 cals
    1/2 cup egg beaters
    1 tbs salsa
    1/2 cup spinach and either 1 slice 2% american cheese or 2 tbs fat free shredded cheddar
    All this for under 200 cals,
    and I usually add 1 cup sliced strawberries, for 46 cals

Keeps me full till lunch
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Hovis - Wholemeal Bread - Small Loaf, 2 Slice 25g 114cals

Bertolli - Vegetable Fat Spread With Olive Oil, 10 g 54cals

Dairylea - Cheese Triangles, 17.5 g 42cals

I really feel sated after this. More so than if I have cereal. I think its the cheese/protein :bigsmile:

good luck :flowerforyou:
  • rockinmomto3
    rockinmomto3 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I either do scrambled eggs (one whole egg, one egg white) either alone or with mushrooms and spinach, toast, and some fruit. Or ceral. This morning, I had two plain rice cakes with some peanut butter and honey on top, greek yogurt, and a cup of tea.Very filling, and healthy.
  • egbkid
    egbkid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    on work days, i always have 2 slices of toast with peanut butter, a small bowl of yogurt (about 1/4 cup), and a mug of water. this makes up 254 calories. Some days, i make the toast into a PB and banana sandwich, which adds another 90.

On Saturdays, i fry 2 eggs (in spray, not grease) and have 1 slice of toast, unless it is to be an active day then i go for 2. Some days i make a waffle, or French toast, an omelet, etc. It depends on what the day is to bring, and how much time i have. I add a bowl of yogurt and a mug of water and yum! Usually Sundays, i have a bowl of cereal and milk.

I can cook quick, and i have quick microwave methods for eggs, i have made these things on workdays, but i usually do not have the energy to do it, and toast and PB is easy! :-) I usually cook on the weekends because i have 15 minutes or so to go through everything to see what i have and cook from there.
  • christopher_stockdale
    Options
    Breakfast Fiber Bar (150cal, 5g Fiber) Dole Mixed Fruit (90 cal). 2 glasses water (lemon juice mixed in one), coffee. Everything but the coffee and Water I can take into work Monday Morning, leave at my desk all week, and eat when I get in first thing.