Bathroom scale suggestions

Options
FatOldManMN
FatOldManMN Posts: 1,116 Member
Whats your recommendation on an accurate bathroom scale. Seems like mine is very inconsistent.
I don't mind spending a little extra $ on a scale that's going to be accurate.
Thanks!

Replies

• Teecy
    Teecy Posts: 5
    Options
    A few years ago I bought a doctor's scale at an antique store. It's big and cumbersome and I keep it in the basement. It is the most accurate one I've ever had and I LOVE the old fashioned movement of the weights!
  • palmirana
    palmirana Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have a health o meter scale which is very reliable and consistent. I like to weigh myself several time just to make sure, and it is always the same, all 5,6,7,8 times!
    However, it needs a very solid floor. I had it downstairs (town home without basement) and it was always accurate. Then I took it upstairs and it started being completely inaccurate. I was very upset, wanted to get my money back, looking for a new scale. Until one day I decided to take it downstairs again. I weighed myself 10 times and lo and behold, completely consistent! So now I have to keep it downstairs in its place (it doesn't like to be moved around and shoved somewhere, it likes to be somewhere stable).
    All in all I am very happy with it! It y gives me pounds, bmi,total pounds lost, pounds to goal weight, body fat %, water%. I am very happy with it.
  • kuger4119
    kuger4119 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/thinner-portable-digital-scale-by-conair/1016546313?device=c&network=g&matchtype=&mcid=PS_googlepla_nonbrand_bath_&gclid=CL3Q6dqIiLwCFexFMgodJ0sAgw

That's a link to the scale I own. It's been dead on consistent for years.

EDIT: After linking this, I noticed that it got a lot of bad reviews. I use it on a ceramic tile floor and haven't had any real issues in all the years of owning it. Every once in a while (once every six months or so), it will give a reading that is off by a couple pounds. Whenever my weight isn't what I expect, I tap it to reset it and it has always come back with a more accurate reading the second time.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I just got a cheap one at walmart and it's actually pretty consistent.... I can weigh myself two times in a row and it will give me the same (to the tenth of a pound) It's called health-o-meter or something like that. It's white. I think I spent like $20 on it.
  • ToryCarr
    ToryCarr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I got mine from Walmart a few years ago the brand is Health O Meter. It lets you save up to 4 people in your household. You put in your Age and every time you get on it tells you how much you've lost altogether and body % fat, but I'm not sure how accurate the body % fat is. It was about $35, great deal for all it does. I love seeing how far I've come every time I step on.
  • FatOldManMN
    FatOldManMN Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Thanks folks. I went with the Health-O-Meter.