home workouts for stay at home mamas!

Options
2»

Replies

• LRoslin
    LRoslin Posts: 128
    Options
    I am also a stay at home mom, with four kids. I use Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds DVDs. I think you can also find some of her workouts on YouTube. I alternate between the 1 Mile, 2 Mile and the 3 Mile (which really kicks my butt!) The 1 Mile is 20 minutes, so it's fast and good to start out with. I save the 3 Mile (45 minutes) for weekends, when I have more time. So far with these and counting calories I've lost 10 pounds from my highest weight, in about two months.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Stay at home Mama here too! I also recommend the 30 day shred and ripped in 30 by Jillian! I got them both at Walmart for under $10 each. We also bought a treadmill which has been great too. Another one of my favorite DVD's is Zumba Rush. Its a quick 20 minute workout video. I was able to purchase that one on Ebay for around $10 as well. Good luck and have fun!!
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    There are loads of body weight workouts on youtube and videos by the masses. If you are into yoga or want to try it, doyogawithme.com has a great selection of videos for free.
  • onetooblown
    onetooblown Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    The BeFit channel on YouTube, Fitnessblender.com and blogilates.com are all fantastic as week.

QFT!! I'm a stay at home mom and fitness blender is all I use :) they are awesome and they have a great search tool for their workouts you can pick exactly what kind you want to to, the intensity, which/no equipment etc...

edit for: 30DS is on youtube if you don't want to spend money
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I can show you a workout routine that you can do at home.
  • allergictodiets
    allergictodiets Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Check out Tracey Mallet's postpartum DVDs.
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I usually workout at home either. I bought a stationary bike and a stepper, you can get them cheap if you look online or on eBay, I also mostly do strenght exercises that don't require machines, like push ups, sit ups, leg raises, squats and so on. I always try to enjoy a good walk several times a week anyway, that's a great addition :)
  • missweightloss14
    missweightloss14 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone! great advice!!!!
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    The Babywearing Workout!! Exercise and snuggle your LO at the same time :)

http://thebabywearingworkout.com/