Need Ideas for Bananas

sarahliftsUP
sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
edited September 21 in Recipes
I have an excess of frozen bananas in my freezer - no lie.. Probably at least a dozen frozen bananas. Does anyone have any calorie-friendly recipes that include bananas? Cookies, muffins, cakes, whatever!

Replies

• OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    If you eat oatmeal, cut one up and put it in your bowl, pour hot oatmeal over them, and eat them that way. It's so good.
  • 3 cups of Granola

1/2 cup of natural Peanut Butter

1 1/2 Banana

1 scoop of Whey Vanilla Protein Powder

Mix all that together with your hands & place it in a 9x6 baking tin or glass dish. Spread it out evenly & smash it down so it covers the bottom completely & place the dish in the freezer for about 45-60 minutes. Remove it form the freezer, cut into 6 or 12 even squares (when it thaws a little bit) & wrap individually.

Each protein bar is

For 12 Squares:

132.2 Cals

6.2 grams of protein

8.7 grams of carbs

7.2 grams of fat

For 6 squares:

264.2 cals

12.3 grams of protein

17.5 grams of carbs

14.3 grams of fat
  • Put them in protein shakes, make banana bread, eat with yogurt and honey. Or a PB and banana sandwich!
  • amyfly
    amyfly Posts: 137
    Smoothies - add frozen berries (or regular but I prefer frozen) a frozen banana and a splash of milk, oj or yogurt - makes for a great high fiber and antioxidant breakfast or snack.
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    You can whip them up in a food processor to make a mock ice cream or dip them in 2 tbsp of melted dark choc and roll in crushed walnuts for a big anti-oxident-omega3 treat!!
  • Apparently if you eat them frozen they are like icecream.
  • Sorta after the fact, so maybe for next time ~
    put a stick in the end of the banana ( I usually break it in half and make two )
    roll the banana on the stick through some splenda/cinnamon mixture
    wrap in foil and freeze.
    Its like a frozen ice cream treat!~
  • Here is a third vote for the ice cream...it is delish! I'll add a tablespoon of peanut butter and it tastes yummy.
  • This site is great - nice photos and full nutritional data for all recipes - no guesswork
    http://www.tescorealfood.com/RecipeSearchResults.aspx?st=banana

j
  • I bury my old bananas under my rose bushes. It makes them bloom beautifully and I don't have to log the calories.

Ok, I admit it. I can't stand bananas.:tongue:
  • mekhala
    mekhala Posts: 123 Member
    Smoothies - add frozen berries (or regular but I prefer frozen) a frozen banana and a splash of milk, oj or yogurt - makes for a great high fiber and antioxidant breakfast or snack.

i have started making these for breakfast everyday - i never want a bacon butty when the trolley comes round at work any more!!!! i used to get one every day.... this mornings delecacy was a mango smoothie... cannot believe how easy they are too make... extra tasty and cold with prozen bananas!! x x
This discussion has been closed.