Corrected Nutritional Information

christopher_stockdale
christopher_stockdale Posts: 27 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Just wondering. Does the website/app makers actively review the food database and clean it out as needed? As an example, my kitchen is being remodelled, so I'm stuck eating breakfast out, yet trying to be good. All I had was a McDonalds breakfast burrito. I tried to find it, but none of the items matched the nutrition info on the corporate website. One came close, except it was showing 530% DV of Vitamin A and 130% Calcium. It'd be nice to be able to flag an entry for review, at least on the website. Either that, or pay an extra fee for a cleaned database.

Just wondering...

Replies

• the users can correct entries. When you do your search, and click nutrition information. Window asks if its correct, select no, then edit. Then it shows up in your My foods tab too.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Just wondering. Does the website/app makers actively review the food database and clean it out as needed? As an example, my kitchen is being remodelled, so I'm stuck eating breakfast out, yet trying to be good. All I had was a McDonalds breakfast burrito. I tried to find it, but none of the items matched the nutrition info on the corporate website. One came close, except it was showing 530% DV of Vitamin A and 130% Calcium. It'd be nice to be able to flag an entry for review, at least on the website. Either that, or pay an extra fee for a cleaned database.

Just wondering...

There are literally thousands upon thousands of foods and drinks in that database, it is left to the users to doublecheck the nutritional values and correct if necessary. If Mike and others were expected to check everything like that, I have a feeling the site would no longer be free as it would take an enormous amount of their time to delete entries, correct entries and check up that all the nutritional values were correct, this is not taking into account that the Developers have jobs outside this site and may not have the time to do the checking.

Personally, I look on it like this: I input my foods and drinks for the day, if it is something I am adding as new, I ALWAYS doublecheck that the nutritional values are correct, this is by checking on the back of the boxes and packets. If the values are grossly incorrect, I do click the "no" to the question that pops up. If the values are way out, I create a new food and put in the correct values and always tick the box to allow other users to use that food if they wish.

The foods and drinks I input are my responsibility and I take it extremely seriously as it is my progress that is on the line if I try to fool myself or use the incorrect values.

To the OP, regarding the burrito, if you find on the corporate website that the values are grossly different from on here, just put in a new entry for burrito with the correct info, that way everyone benefits :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.