Just learned this trick

Options
I often have a hard time enforcing a "STOP" to a meal. If I set my portion sizes and all, I am often not ready to stop eating when the food is gone....even if I no longer have the sensation of hunger, I do not always feel satiated.

A glass of red wine will do it. To keep it reasonable, at lunch I have a white wine glass, filled half way. At dinner, filled 3/4 of the way. I start drinking it as I am almost done, so I still have about half of the portion left once my food is gone. Not only does this add a little civility to the meal, not to mention the health benefits of red wine, it also seems to shut off the "gee I really could go for a second helping" urge.

Caveat: if you struggle with alcohol, or it's not suitable for lunch at work, or any of the other reasons why Americans do not drink wine at lunch, consider an alternative. Exercise good judgment.

Replies

• VeganAmandaJ
    VeganAmandaJ Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hey I will try that! I often feel the same way... I just don't feel satiated half the time and I know feeling full and not hungry are different but if something is yummy it's even worse, I want more and more and more. I've been doing well with just not having those foods around but I will try that!
  • titianwasp
    titianwasp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am having consistently good results with it. Will keep trying.