Polar FT4 or FT7 Sizing - HELP

johnthefatman
johnthefatman Posts: 205
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi
Is there anyone here who uses one of the above (the Male versions) who could post the circumference for the wrist band and the chest band at their max.

I have searched all over their site, emailed their 'support':laugh: and asked in the forums on their site but no luck. This is such basic info when buying online. The Tech Specs bit of the manual tells me what the strap is made of and loads about the grade of steel the buckle is made from but no SIZE :explode:

So please can someone here help
j

Replies

• My husband has the FT7.. the strap is adjustable and stretches.. 37 inches is the circumference (not stretched.. can't stretch and measure sorry) of it but as I said it does stretch... the watch band is 10 inches at the first setting or that is how I measured it to be.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    I would have to measure mine, but the chest bands are available in different sizes I have a XXXL one I use and its adjustable to a pretty big size, I will send me wife (lildebbie on here) a message to see if she knows.
  • jrich1
    I found out online the XXXL Chest strap on my FT7 goes from a 40-60" chest

Deb measureed my strap and it was 51" instretched so upto 60 wouldnt be a problem
  • Thanks all - so you mean you buy the kit and then an xxl band as well? Or is there an XXL model of the device?

This is harder than buying a washing machine:smile:
  • jrich1
    Thanks all - so you mean you buy the kit and then an xxl band as well? Or is there an XXL model of the device?

This is harder than buying a washing machine:smile:

It should specify what size the band is, it the same monitor, just a different sized band that comes with it.
  • My husbands (and mine since I have same one.. says up to xxl .. so I don't think you have to buy extra one.. the one it comes with stretches a bit too.
  • Thanks again all for your help - I took the plunge and bought an FT4,

For completeness and in case anyone finds this later by search here is some info about sizing (why this cannot be found on their site is a mystery but suppose if you are market leader you don't need to try). POLAR customer service sucks!:explode:

To be fair to Polar they did email me back eventually but the information they provided was either wrong or useless. They stated categorically that the wrist strap would not fit my 8.5" wrist which is wrong it does (just but that's fine I will be getting smaller :smile: )

The transmitter strap info I received is pasted below

Polar WearLink Transmitter has 3 different strap sizes available, XS-S, M-XXL and XXXL. The M-XXL size is the default one used in the product sets. They all are available as bulk items and XS-S as well as M-XXL are also available as accessory sets. The lengths of the straps are following

Size Lengths as loose
    XS-S 500mm
    M-XXL 610mm
    XXXL 685mm

I asked if it would fit my 56" chest how the above is meant to be seen as a useful answer is anyone's bet. Note the sizes they provided are unstretched lengths - totally *&^%*&^%* useless

For info the standard m-xxl strap that comes as standard will just stretch but cannot be worn comfortably would be OK at 54" so I have to buy the extra XXXL strap, which if I read their answer right does not exist as an accessory) for another 14 UK (approx $20US)

Feel better now!

J
This discussion has been closed.