Are there any other Rocky Horror fans out there?

Options

Replies

• blakeym
    blakeym Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My dear mum took me to see it in 1975 at a cinema in Johannesburg when it released. Within a week the Government banned the film for being too lewd.

Boy have times changed eh.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Ef that chin! Ef that chin!
  • triskaidekaphile13
    triskaidekaphile13 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Rocky Horror and have Hot Patootie on my running playlist. I've been several times dressed up including one time when my 'friends' told everybody that I was a man in drag and somebody grabbed my breast and commented how realistic they were. I was dressed as Magenta at the time and most unhappy I was groped but he was mortified when he found out and so apologetic. My friend who went as bandaged Rocky had the worst night. He almost couldn't sit down!
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Big fan here! They still do the show at a local theater twice a month here. yay!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    From my own personal dictionary...

*kitten*: \ˈas-ˌ(h)ōl\ - noun

RockyHorror_Brad-006.jpg
  • JeaninePaige
    JeaninePaige Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Who could resist Tim Curry in drag? Not me.

tumblr_lcij58bTmV1qeg3l9o1_500.gif
  • otter090812
    otter090812 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Who could resist Tim Curry in drag? Not me.

tumblr_lcij58bTmV1qeg3l9o1_500.gif

Too right!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    polls_c9bc9880e7ae78e03e51d3c113eb6c0d_poll_xlarge.jpeg
  • HunterKiller_deleted
    Options
    Yes. I went to show a few years ago dressed as Dr Frank-N-Furter. Was a wicked night :)
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I am a fan. I have never expierenced a live show but i would LOVE to.

Now, to find a venue and another human being that would go with me...hummm...

:flowerforyou: pick me!
    big fan... I even do the time wrap dance in the living room as the show plays.... got my landlord to do it with me one time lmfao!
    but never saw a live show :frown:
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I run hot and cold with it.... for a while my oldest daughter was in love with it. For her sweet 16 we had our own Rocky Horror surprise party for her. OMG it was so much fun. It was brutal cleaning up after it was over, but thankfully we did it outside on the deck, so we were able to just sweep up MOST of it after everyone went home the next day :laugh:
  • cwtchme
    cwtchme Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    There is something about Tim Curry in women's underwear! Yummmm
  • WeaponOfMassInstruction
    Options
    Used to catch it in Greenwich Village at the midnight shows in the 80's and still have a soft spot for the movie.
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I love it. I've been to see it live twice. So much fun :)
  • WeaponOfMassInstruction
    Options
    Even saw the less popular "Vampire Lesbians of Sodom" on MacDougal Street here in NYC in the 90's
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Rocky Horror Picture Show is my favourite movie. I've always wanted to see it live, but haven't been able to But I've wanted to since I was 14.

14877786.png
  • cwtchme
    cwtchme Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    The last tour (the 40th Anniversary Tour) finished last November and no new dates have been released for the UK. Keep an eye out though, I'm sure a new tour is on it's way. For now keep a look out online for the film screenings. It is just as much fun, and you still get to dress up!

I love the line, "it's no easy having a good time, Even smiling makes m face ache.
  • MissDLynnR
    MissDLynnR Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Love it!! No one else here @ my house gets it but me. I have a mini doll of Columbia! I sing her songs all the time!
  • Vex3521
    Vex3521 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Love love love it. Never miss a chance to see it !
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Great movie. I have dressed as Dr Frank a few times.